mizar32 Lua board on sale

Martin Guy Martin Guy

mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hi
  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua
(eLua) as its operating system, is now on sale at 4star.it

Specs: 66Mhz AVR32 CPU, 32MB RAM, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC, SD-card, USB
with UART, Ethernet, character LCD and VGA add-on modules.

Web: http://simplemachines.it/mizar32
Shop: http://4star.it -> mizar32

best

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Congratulations! Nice work.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Martin Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua
> (eLua) as its operating system, is now on sale at 4star.it
>
> Specs: 66Mhz AVR32 CPU, 32MB RAM, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC, SD-card, USB
> with UART, Ethernet, character LCD and VGA add-on modules.
>
> Web: http://simplemachines.it/mizar32
> Shop: http://4star.it -> mizar32
>
> best

Ivan - Omnima Ivan - Omnima

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Nice board and it's good to see more eLua hardware and add-ons becoming available.

Though not necessarily the very first commercial computer running eLua - as Omnima has been shipping eLua on the STM32Expander add-on board for MiniEMBWiFi Linux solution for a few months now :)
Regards,
Ivan

Omnima Limited
Ivan Ignjatic
Oxford Business Centre
Osney Mead
Oxford OX2 0DR

Tel. 0845 8692601
Fax. 01865 326421

Web: www.omnima.co.uk
Skype: omnimaautomation

Hi
  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua

Kamil Zadora Kamil Zadora

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hi,

Martin, great to see eLua based product on the shelf, especially with complete set of add-on modules.

Ivan, there is no mention of eLua on the STM32Expander product page or in its documentation pdf - fix it! ;)

Best regards,
Kamil

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Nice board and it's good to see more eLua hardware and add-ons becoming available.

Though not necessarily the very first commercial computer running eLua - as Omnima has been shipping eLua on the STM32Expander add-on board for MiniEMBWiFi Linux solution for a few months now :)
Regards,
Ivan

Omnima Limited
Ivan Ignjatic
Oxford Business Centre
Osney Mead
Oxford OX2 0DR

Tel. 0845 8692601
Fax. 01865 326421

Web: www.omnima.co.uk
Skype: omnimaautomation

Hi
  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua

Ivan - Omnima Ivan - Omnima

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hi Kamil,

The details about STM32Expander and eLua are published on the Omnima forum:

http://www.omnima.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=209
Regards,
Ivan

Omnima Limited
Ivan Ignjatic
Oxford Business Centre
Osney Mead
Oxford OX2 0DR

Tel. 0845 8692601
Fax. 01865 326421

Web: www.omnima.co.uk
Skype: omnimaautomation

On 02/05/2012 09:36, Kamil Zadora wrote:
[...]

raman raman

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hello Martin,

Excellent work! Congrats.

Cheers,
Raman
gmkoien gmkoien

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Is there any short-range wireless modules available (bluetooth, zigbee)?

Geir

Hi
  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua

Quentin Barry Quentin Barry

Sergio Sorrenti Sergio Sorrenti

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hi Geir,

we have a Kicad design (schematic, pcb file and gerbers) of an Xbee adaptor for Mizar32,
 + some available sample, unfortunately this is untested.

We will pubblish them today on our gcode download repository, here .

Regarding the BT, one of our member, Nuccio, is experimenting
with some cheap and widespread BT modules with standard interfaces.

I will ask him to post some informations on this thread.

Sergio

Il giorno martedì 27 novembre 2012 13:21:41 UTC+1, [hidden email] ha scritto:
Is there any short-range wireless modules available (bluetooth, zigbee)?

Geir

Hi
  The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Re: mizar32 Lua board on sale

Hi Geir,

I got excellent results using this cheap module:

http://www.rasmicro.com/Bluetooth/EGBT-045MS-046S%20Bluetooth%20Module%20Manual%20rev%201r0.pdf

http://www.rasmicro.com/Bluetooth.htm

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1052121

It acts as a standard UART (so you can connect it on Mizar serial port)
and costs few dollars (about 10$).

I hope it helps.

Nuccio

Il 27/11/2012 13:21, [hidden email] ha scritto:

> Is there any short-range wireless modules available (bluetooth, zigbee)?
>
> Geir
>
> kl. 00:36:56 UTC+2 onsdag 2. mai 2012 skrev martinwguy følgende:
>
>     Hi
>       The Mizar32 board, the first commercial computer to come with Lua
>     (eLua) as its operating system, is now on sale at 4star.it
>     <http://4star.it>
>
>     Specs: 66Mhz AVR32 CPU, 32MB RAM, I2C, SPI, PWM, ADC, SD-card, USB
>     with UART, Ethernet, character LCD and VGA add-on modules.
>
>     Web: http://simplemachines.it/mizar32
>     <http://simplemachines.it/mizar32>
>     Shop: http://4star.it -> mizar32
>
>     best

Quentin Barry Quentin Barry

ARM9 Embedded PLC

Hello All

If I was to design an Ethernet to serial gateway would there be any interest? Basically it would accept 10/100 Mb Ethernet and convert it to serial or SPI and vica-versa.

I would make all the gerber files available. I think that a modular method is perhaps the best route to follow as main processor is then not burdened with these other tasks. All it has to do is to capture packets on the Serial or SPI layer, process them and reply if necessary.

I also have a complete design for a small PLC using the STR912FAW47. It has:

  1. 2 x 12 bit D/A converters on it, the outputs filtered and buffered 0- 5V,
  2. 4 x 12 bit A/D channels
  3. 2 x I2C channels for user expansion
  4. 512K x 16 Static RAM
  5. 32K x 8 FRAM or more depending on which IC you select
  6. 1 x RS232 channel
  7. 1 x RS485 channel
  8. 1 x SPI port for user expansion
  9. 1 x SIM900 GSM module
  10. 4 x Optically isolated interrupt coupled digital inputs
  11. 4 x Relay outputs
  12. 1 x USB port
  13. 1 x Onboard PSU which generates all the required voltage rails.

Most of the low level drivers are written in C and have been battled tested. This is revision 2 of the board, so there are a few hardware changes and some of the drivers have to change, or still have to be written. Everything is interrupt driven.

I have not yet had the time to implement eLua on it, but there is a port available for this CPU.
Is anyone interested in working with me to get this up and going with eLua?

Quentin

Douglas Davenport Douglas Davenport

Quentin Barry Quentin Barry

Tom Freund Tom Freund

Re: ARM9 Embedded PLC

Take a look at:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Quentin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dig.y.SoL (TM)

"Systems overseeing
public and private
infrastructure"

Voice - 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Quentin Barry Quentin Barry

Re: [SPAM] Re: ARM9 Embedded PLC

Thanks for the link.

The issue here is that I am a hardware / embedded engineer. I don't want to buy someone else's solution - but want to design my own. You may call it re-inventing the wheel, but that is OK. I am planning on using one of the Luminary Micro / Stellaris Cortex M3 devices to implement the Ethernet to Serial bridge. I could simply have used a Tibbo module if I was so inclined.

I have taken a look at the Microchip offerings but then you are tied in to their compiler and development environment. With the Stellaris solution everything is open source. One also has the flexibility to change and add things as well. For example I could add a CC1125 to the Cortex as well and then I would have an Ethernet and an ISM band device in one.

Quentin

[...]

Tom Freund Tom Freund

Re: [SPAM] Re: ARM9 Embedded PLC

That's OK, Quentin.

A new look at an existing product line is always welcomed.

Being that you are a hardware person, take a look at the W7200 in the Wiznet site.

Notice that it uses STM32 IP with 128K Flash and 20K RAM. If you can come up with the equivalent using Stellaris IP with  512 K Flash (or better) and 64K RAM (or better), I can use that.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Quentin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614" target="_blank">860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tom Freund

Dig.y.SoL (TM)

"Systems overseeing
public and private
infrastructure"

Voice - 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Quentin Barry Quentin Barry

ARM9 Embedded PLC

Hi Tom

I was thinking of using the LM3S6965. I think that it has ample resources to suit my requirements.
It comes with 64 KB of bit-banded SRAM and 256 KB of flash memory. It has the MAC and PHY built into the IC. All that one requires is the RJ45 connector. I think that this device was targeted for Ethernet to Serial bridges. There are detailed design and application notes on their website.

Without a doubt one cannot deny that ST has the lion's share of the Cortex market. I do use their devices regularly too. However there are certain niche markets that other vendors target.

Stellaris with their LM3S6965 for Ethernet
NXP and Energy Micro for Graphics Displays - EmWin is a free download for these devices.
Si-Labs have a highly configurable patented dual crossbar technology to define pinouts.

I guess it all boils down to what the end application is.

Regards

Quentin

[...]

Voice -<A href="tel:860-232-1614"> 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tom Freund

Dig.y.SoL (TM)

"Systems overseeing
public and private
infrastructure"

Voice - 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tom Freund Tom Freund

Re: ARM9 Embedded PLC

Can't go into the application. But, you are 256K Flash shy of what I need at a minimum.  I don't need a display. The app runs headless.

I know the Stellaris series goes up to 1MB Flash. I need to run eLua + some other stuff

Nevertheless, keep us posted on where you are going.

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Quentin Barry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Voice -<a href="tel:860-232-1614" target="_blank"> 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tom Freund

Dig.y.SoL (TM)

"Systems overseeing
public and private
infrastructure"

Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614" target="_blank">860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tom Freund

Dig.y.SoL (TM)

"Systems overseeing
public and private
infrastructure"

Voice - 860-232-1614
Skype ID - digysol

Tim Michals Tim Michals

Re: ARM9 Embedded PLC

Here is a low cost board...
JeroenDS made amazing PLC project with iMX233-OLinuXino: http://leachy.homeip.net/olinuxino/

http://www.wiznet.co.kr/Sub_Modules/en/

[...]

Hello Tim

Very interesting - the Classic Ladder bit.

I have a substantial implementation of the Modbus RTU protocol on my ARM9 board.

Thanks for the link.

Quentin