scones -f cross-lua.py - windows support?

Tim Van Der Hulst Tim Van Der Hulst

scones -f cross-lua.py - windows support?

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -O2 -Isrc/lua -Iinc/desktop -Iinc -Wall -DLUA_CROSS_COMPILER -c src\lua\lapi
.c -o src\lua\lapi.obj
'gcc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
scons: *** [src\lua\lapi.obj] Error 1

Do I need to specify codesourcery toolchain somehow?

Sorry, very new to this :)

TiM

Tim Van Der Hulst Tim Van Der Hulst

ETM-STM32 - terminal buffer overflow when using uart buffer

Hi there,

The following code:

id = 2
uart.setup( id, 4800, 8, uart.PAR_NONE, 1 )
uart.set_buffer( id, 1024 )

print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))

Results in:

"[ERROR] Buffer overflow on resid=0, resnum=3!"

This error was noted here: http://code.google.com/p/mizar32/issues/detail?id=30

However, I am on a different uart than the terminal (0) so kinda confused by this.

OS: Win7 64bit, tera term 3.1

Elua: Trunk source

Cheers,

TiM

Re: scones -f cross-lua.py - windows support?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> scons: done reading SConscript files.
> scons: Building targets ...
> gcc -O2 -Isrc/lua -Iinc/desktop -Iinc -Wall -DLUA_CROSS_COMPILER -c src\lua\lapi
> .c -o src\lua\lapi.obj
> 'gcc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
> scons: *** [src\lua\lapi.obj] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> Do I need to specify codesourcery toolchain somehow?
>
> Sorry, very new to this :)

No problem. You should have a gcc-based toolchain installed in Windows
and preferably also a UNIX-like environment. Something like MinGW or
even cygwin.

> TiM

Re: ETM-STM32 - terminal buffer overflow when using uart buffer

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The following code:
>
> id = 2
> uart.setup( id, 4800, 8, uart.PAR_NONE, 1 )
> uart.set_buffer( id, 1024 )
>
> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
>

> Results in:
>
> "[ERROR] Buffer overflow on resid=0, resnum=3!"
>
> This error was noted here: http://code.google.com/p/mizar32/issues/detail?id=30
>
> However, I am on a different uart than the terminal (0) so kinda confused by this.
>
> OS: Win7 64bit, tera term 3.1
>
> Elua: Trunk source

What board (and what CPU) are you using?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> Cheers,
>
> TiM

Re: ETM-STM32 - terminal buffer overflow when using uart buffer

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Bogdan Marinescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> The following code:
>>
>> id = 2
>> uart.setup( id, 4800, 8, uart.PAR_NONE, 1 )
>> uart.set_buffer( id, 1024 )
>>
>> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
>> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
>> print(uart.read(id,'*l',500000))
>>

>> Results in:
>>
>> "[ERROR] Buffer overflow on resid=0, resnum=3!"
>>
>> This error was noted here: http://code.google.com/p/mizar32/issues/detail?id=30
>>
>> However, I am on a different uart than the terminal (0) so kinda confused by this.
>>
>> OS: Win7 64bit, tera term 3.1
>>
>> Elua: Trunk source
>
> What board (and what CPU) are you using?

Errr. Sorry. Just noticed the subject of your e-mail :)
Could you please log a bug about this at
http://tracker.eluaproject.net? Also, is this reproducible all the
time?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> Thanks,
> Bogdan
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> TiM
Marcus Vinicius Costa Marcus Vinicius Costa

Re: scones -f cross-lua.py - windows support?

I had a similar problem when I started working with eLua on windows.

C: \ elua0.8> scons-f cross-lua.py
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc-O2--Isrc/lua -Iinc/desktop Iinc DLUA_CROSS_COMPILER-Wall-c-src \ moon \ lapi.c-src \ moon \ lapi.obj
gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
scons: *** [src \ moon \ lapi.obj] Error 1

C: \ elua0.8>

To solve I had installing minGW version 20110211 in other versions not work correctly, and you need create the PATH on windows to recognize the gcc command.

Link to download minGW version 20110211

Regards
Marcus

Hi,