questions about development tools.

james osburn james osburn

questions about development tools.

Their were some questions code sourcery and mentor graphics.
Is there an IDE that would allow me to step though my code on a
lm3s9b92 board?
James

Re: questions about development tools.

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386

On Nov 25, 2011, at 10:08, james osburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Their were some questions code sourcery and mentor graphics.
> Is there an IDE that would allow me to step though my code on a
> lm3s9b92 board?

From free open source tools this is a little more limited. You can always use gdb with openocd and the icdi that comes with the 9b92 board, for compiled code debugging, stepping, breakpoints etc.. And I think one can roll ones own eclipse-based GUI environment that might talk to gdb using free/open tools or use other gdb front-ends, but as far as mentor graphics/code sourcery is concerned their ides are commercial, ditto for code red, IAR, Rowley, Keil, etc.. unless code size limitations are ok (maybe not terribly limiting for pure C from scratch small projects, but way too limiting for eLua.

As far as what's being discussed on the list there's no IDE involved in G++ Lite, the makefile I've provided builds a similar environment to what you get from their binary G++ Lite toolchain, plus or minus a few build options and some minor stuff.

-jsnyder

> James
james osburn james osburn

Re: questions about development tools.

Thank you for the help.
will your build system at https://github.com/jsnyder/arm-eabi-toolchain work for windows?
James.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: <a href="tel:%28847%29%20448-0386" value="+18474480386">(847) 448-0386

On Nov 25, 2011, at 10:08, james osburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Their were some questions code sourcery and mentor graphics.
> Is there an IDE that would allow me to step though my code on a
> lm3s9b92 board?

From free open source tools this is a little more limited. You can always use gdb with openocd and the icdi that comes with the 9b92 board, for compiled code debugging, stepping, breakpoints etc.. And I think one can roll ones own eclipse-based GUI environment that might talk to gdb using free/open tools or use other gdb front-ends, but as far as mentor graphics/code sourcery is concerned their ides are commercial, ditto for code red, IAR, Rowley, Keil, etc.. unless code size limitations are ok (maybe not terribly limiting for pure C from scratch small projects, but way too limiting for eLua.

On Nov 25, 2011, at 23:27, james osburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you for the help.
will your build system at https://github.com/jsnyder/arm-eabi-toolchain work for windows?

I have never attempted a build with it on Windows, though if you can satisfy the requirements through Cygwin or Mingw it might build without too much modification?

Personally I would stick with their binary builds on Windows or I would try to find some example scripts or makefiles with instructions that are known to build in that environment so long as certain requirements are met.  If you or someone else has success in getting things going, I'd be happy to update the Makefile or instructions to be usable on Windows as well, but I suspect it may be somewhat painful without some examples to work from :-)

James.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: <a href="tel:%28847%29%20448-0386" value="+18474480386" target="_blank">(847) 448-0386

On Nov 25, 2011, at 10:08, james osburn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Their were some questions code sourcery and mentor graphics.
> Is there an IDE that would allow me to step though my code on a
> lm3s9b92 board?

From free open source tools this is a little more limited. You can always use gdb with openocd and the icdi that comes with the 9b92 board, for compiled code debugging, stepping, breakpoints etc.. And I think one can roll ones own eclipse-based GUI environment that might talk to gdb using free/open tools or use other gdb front-ends, but as far as mentor graphics/code sourcery is concerned their ides are commercial, ditto for code red, IAR, Rowley, Keil, etc.. unless code size limitations are ok (maybe not terribly limiting for pure C from scratch small projects, but way too limiting for eLua.

Tony-12 Tony-12