eLua open hardware

Awsome ST evaluation kit

I have one of those :) It looks interesting, but it's a bit hard to use
because if you need an UART you'll need to either:

1. install a board into their "extension connector". It's kinda hard to work
with it tough, but I ordered a header and will see if I can install
something useful there.
2. implement it via USB with CDC :)

Also, I just ordered this:

http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml

Great piece of hardware at $25!

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:

>  Anyone spotted this:
>

> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>

> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania and
> Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should run
> eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

eLua open hardware

>  However. Might there be scope for playing with the Lua internals to
> reduce RAM requirements (to tens of K rather than individual bytes though!)?
> I?m thinking of a facility to put objects like library functions, tables and
> strings into Flash memory rather than RAM.

We already did this, search for LTR (Lua Tiny RAM) patch on the list
archives. And I have ideas to improve it even further. I agree that this is
the way to do, not some crippled, stripped-down-to-the-extreme interpreter.
But if I'll ever have time, I'll try the crippled interpreter stuff anyway
:) Just for the fun of it.

Tony-12 Tony-12

Awsome ST evaluation kit

You've found a LuaStamp!  Well, once you get eLua running on it - but
seriously, it would be hard for any one of us to match that price, and the
ET-STM32 Stamp should do fine for eLua.  It's also impossible to match the
price of the dev kits (and yes, the ST Primer2 does look very nice -- if I
had the time to use it, I'd order one), so I think we should continue to
make sure eLua runs on a variety of attractive,already available, commercial
dev kits.

What the BasicStamp has that the ET-STM32 doesn't is the "out of box"
experience - it comes ready to run, with a manual.

Another LuaStamp approach could be to resell other boards with eLua
pre-installed, a good printed manual (that's worth money!), and maybe a
carrier board.

--Tony

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have one of those :) It looks interesting, but it's a bit hard to use
> because if you need an UART you'll need to either:
>
> 1. install a board into their "extension connector". It's kinda hard to
> work with it tough, but I ordered a header and will see if I can install
> something useful there.
> 2. implement it via USB with CDC :)
>
> Also, I just ordered this:
>
> http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml
>
> Great piece of hardware at $25!
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>  Anyone spotted this:
>>

>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>

>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania and
>> Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should run
>> eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Tony-12 Tony-12

eLua open hardware

Well, I think designing and building a modern PCB has become easier - -I'm
on my fourth PCB already (simple stuff for work) and I'm a software guy --
thanks to the modern proto PCB companies.  But maybe partly that's a silicon
valley viewpoint.  But the fact is, for anything remotely high speed, you
really have to make a PCB.  BGAs, however, are a still different matter; for
one, you really need an X-ray system to inspect the boards after assembly.

If a Stamp board is simple, it should be easy to use on a solderless
breadboard for experimenting.

I think a variety of eLua boards would be a good thing.  My interests run
heavily towards industrial automation, which is different from hobby
robotics (I've done a couple jobs using industrial robots, too).  BTW, for
advanced motor controls, TI's DSPs are worth checking out, because in
additional to features like hardware floating point (on the F283xx), TI has
a lot of available motion control code (a lot more than anybody else).

--Tony

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great to hear that Dean !
>    In our very informal "backyard market research", we've found that a
> stamp is not completely welcome to hobbyst, educational teams and
> prototypers if it does not come with a base board to plug it in.
>    It usually raises the cost (compared to evaluation/demo kits) but it has
> the advantage that the stamp can later be used in a final product.
>    The thing seems to be: "avoid forcing final users to build PCBs". They
> (here) are not too much against of adding hardware to a board (breadboard
> areas, prototyping standard boards, ....) but to design and build modern
> PCBs has become a barrier for many.
>
> Best
> Dado
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dean Hall Dean Hall

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Wow, that is one heckuva value (an ARM with legs that doesn't cost an
arm and a leg!).  The chip alone is $13 at digikey.  I am very tempted.

!!Dean

On Feb 12, 2009, at 10:25 , Bogdan Marinescu wrote:

> I have one of those :) It looks interesting, but it's a bit hard to
> use because if you need an UART you'll need to either:
>
> 1. install a board into their "extension connector". It's kinda hard
> to work with it tough, but I ordered a header and will see if I can
> install something useful there.
> 2. implement it via USB with CDC :)
>
> Also, I just ordered this:
>
> http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml
>
> Great piece of hardware at $25!
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk>
> wrote:
> Anyone spotted this:
>

> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>

> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including
> Romania and Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM
> microcontroller, so should run eLua comfortably!

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Hello John,
   Just to illustrate how taxes and weird policies can kill development and
creativity, I just called Farnell to check the price and availability of the
Primer2.
   It is not available and they ask for 6 to 12 weeks to deliver. The item
is imported on demand and the final price here (estimated, because it may
vary with the US$ rate) is R$ 612,00  a little over US$ 260,00 in today's
change rate :( :( :(
   .... Still, we have Carnival and a nice weather ....... :)

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:53, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:

>  Anyone spotted this:
>

> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>

> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania and
> Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should run
> eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Tony-12 Tony-12

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Question to everyone outside the US:
Are imports a big hassle?  In other words, if someone in the US (like me)
sends a package with a $49 STPrimer2 to Brazil or elsewhere, how much hassle
are customs?

BTW, listed prices don't always match selling in the US - for example, the
STR9 Comstick sells for $49 (according to ST), but Mouser is selling it for
$63.70

--Tony

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello John,
>    Just to illustrate how taxes and weird policies can kill development and
> creativity, I just called Farnell to check the price and availability of the
> Primer2.
>    It is not available and they ask for 6 to 12 weeks to deliver. The item
> is imported on demand and the final price here (estimated, because it may
> vary with the US$ rate) is R$ 612,00  a little over US$ 260,00 in today's
> change rate :( :( :(
>    .... Still, we have Carnival and a nice weather ....... :)
>
> Best
> Dado
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:53, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>  Anyone spotted this:
>>

>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>

>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania and
>> Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should run
>> eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

John Hind John Hind

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Pity the stamp does not have a (micro) USB connector since the chip supports
that. RS232 is so twentieth century! Lack of Ethernet is also a minus
compared to Luminary/Atmel. But this is very much the form factor I had in
mind. I notice the chip has a boot-loader as it ships, could we make a eLua
installer that would put the system on the stamp on a one-click basis? Or
persuade this company to ship a version with eLua pre-loaded?

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Tony,

Generally speaking imports in Brazil are really BIG hassle.
But if you send it is sent as a "gift" from a person to another person
here in Brazil, It's taxfree up to 50USD (Dado, correct me if I'm
wrong).

Pedro.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Tony <tony.elua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question to everyone outside the US:
> Are imports a big hassle?  In other words, if someone in the US (like me)
> sends a package with a $49 STPrimer2 to Brazil or elsewhere, how much hassle
> are customs?
>
> BTW, listed prices don't always match selling in the US - for example, the
> STR9 Comstick sells for $49 (according to ST), but Mouser is selling it for
> $63.70
>
> --Tony
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello John,
>>    Just to illustrate how taxes and weird policies can kill development
>> and creativity, I just called Farnell to check the price and availability of
>> the Primer2.
>>    It is not available and they ask for 6 to 12 weeks to deliver. The item
>> is imported on demand and the final price here (estimated, because it may
>> vary with the US$ rate) is R$ 612,00  a little over US$ 260,00 in today's
>> change rate :( :( :(
>>    .... Still, we have Carnival and a nice weather ....... :)
>>
>> Best
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:53, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone spotted this:
>>>

>>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>>

>>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania
>>> and Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should
>>> run eLua comfortably!

| |

eLua open hardware

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great to hear that Dean !
>    In our very informal "backyard market research", we've found that a
> stamp is not completely welcome to hobbyst, educational teams and
> prototypers if it does not come with a base board to plug it in.

That depends very much on the context. Many hobbyists (me included) would be
perfectly happy with the stamp (and maybe a quickly prototyped support
board) in many situations, without feeling the needing for something more
complex (like a motherboard for the stamp).

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:01, Dean Hall <dwhall256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Regarding 8-bit, I recommend avoiding that option.  Yes, I'm
>> shamelessly protecting PyMite's turf <smiley>.  Taking Lua to small
>> RAM would be a challenging problem, but ultimately frustrating: the
>> harder you work to make it fit in smaller RAM, the less capabilities
>> you are allowing!  This is a warning that comes from experience.
>>
>> Regarding hardware, I have a PCB that is currently being fabbed.  When
>> I get this design working, I plan to make it open (schematics and
>> layout in EAGLE).  It is small (51mm x 66mm) (2" x 2.6"), holds the
>> range of Atmel AT32UC3A1*** (TQFP100) and makes all pins available,
>> except PC4,5 which are connected to a 12 MHz xtal.  The pins are
>> available through 4 2x10 0.1" standard headers.  Other features: a
>> reset button, JTAG port and USB mini-B.  The board is powered by USB
>> or by a separate supply coming in through one of the 4 main connector
>> headers.  This board is meant to be stacked onto a carrier board of
>> your own design to provide the features you want.
>>
>> I chose the AT32UC3A1*** because it is the natural upgrade path of
>> AVR, it has up to 64 KB ram and MOST IMPORTANTLY it is available in-
>> stock at Digikey and  Mouser (the two most popular US suppliers that
>> provide small quantity).
>>
>> !!Dean

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Luminary Driver License

I've noticed this in their license as well, and worried a bit about
this too.  I'm happy with the project moving to a BSD license.  Will
this be the standard one or modified?  The standard license includes
reference to not using the organization or contributor names for
promotion.  Is eLua itself considered an organization, or is there one
to which it will be associated?  I can't say I have strong opinions
about BSD (and variants) vs MIT, etc.. but I'm curious :-)

Also, this seems like a rather odd thing to include in a license that
otherwise allows free redistribution as long as it is used with their
hardware.  Especially if communications with with the company itself
suggest that that phrase isn't something they would really pursue.  It
feels more like a knee-jerk "GPL is bad, therefore we include an
indirect reference to make it incompatible" kind of inclusion rather
than a reasoned one.

-jsnyder

jbsnyder at fanplastic.org
http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 644-2322

> You've found a LuaStamp!  Well, once you get eLua running on it - but
> seriously, it would be hard for any one of us to match that price, and the
> ET-STM32 Stamp should do fine for eLua.  It's also impossible to match the
> price of the dev kits (and yes, the ST Primer2 does look very nice -- if I
> had the time to use it, I'd order one), so I think we should continue to
> make sure eLua runs on a variety of attractive,already available, commercial
> dev kits.

We'll sure keep on doing that! :) As an eLua stamp, this is a possibility,
but a bit too simple (just barely) for what I had in mind. A good starting
point nevertheless.

What the BasicStamp has that the ET-STM32 doesn't is the "out of box"
> experience - it comes ready to run, with a manual.

Well, our eLua documentation includes instructions on how to use eLua on
different boards. Granted, it's a bit more involved than running Basic
Stamp, but still reasonably easy IMO.

Another LuaStamp approach could be to resell other boards with eLua
> pre-installed, a good printed manual (that's worth money!), and maybe a
> carrier board.

Good idea! I think there are companies that might be persuated todo
something like this.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Bogdan Marinescu <

> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have one of those :) It looks interesting, but it's a bit hard to use
>> because if you need an UART you'll need to either:
>>
>> 1. install a board into their "extension connector". It's kinda hard to
>> work with it tough, but I ordered a header and will see if I can install
>> something useful there.
>> 2. implement it via USB with CDC :)
>>
>> Also, I just ordered this:
>>
>> http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml
>>
>> Great piece of hardware at $25!
>>
>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>  Anyone spotted this:
>>>

>>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>>

>>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania
>>> and Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should
>>> run eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dado Sutter-2 Dado Sutter-2

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 15:55, Tony <tony.elua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question to everyone outside the US:
> Are imports a big hassle?  In other words, if someone in the US (like me)
> sends a package with a $49 STPrimer2 to Brazil or elsewhere, how much hassle
> are customs?

Downhere, it really depends on how lucky you are and on the mood of the
customs officer at the central post management :)
Officially, there are two scenarios:

1 - If you receive a package sent from an individual, not a company from
where you bought something, we shouldn't  pay anything if the total price
(product + eventual US taxes + shipping) is <= US$ 50,00. Above that, the
Taxes are 60% over the whole price (not over the excedent). In practise it
is not always like that, as sometimes they decide that the declared price is
wrong and charge what they wont. I've also received much more value packages
that were not charged at all.
Only books (if they don't come with CDs ! or if they come with a separate
price declaration for the SW on the CDs ! :-o ) are free of taxes.

2 - If you buy something from a company, you pay 60% taxes over the invoice
price (including taxes, shipping and handling ! :-o ). To under-declare the
prices is a common thing but it doesn't always work.

   Also, as we are not exactly at USA neighborhood, shipping prices can be a
significant part of the expenses.

> BTW, listed prices don't always match selling in the US - for example, the
> STR9 Comstick sells for $49 (according to ST), but Mouser is selling it for
> $63.70
>
> --Tony
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello John,
>>    Just to illustrate how taxes and weird policies can kill development
>> and creativity, I just called Farnell to check the price and availability of
>> the Primer2.
>>    It is not available and they ask for 6 to 12 weeks to deliver. The item
>> is imported on demand and the final price here (estimated, because it may
>> vary with the US$ rate) is R$ 612,00  a little over US$ 260,00 in today's
>> change rate :( :( :(
>>    .... Still, we have Carnival and a nice weather ....... :)
>>
>> Best
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:53, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>  Anyone spotted this:
>>>

>>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>>

>>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania
>>> and Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should
>>> run eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

John Hind John Hind

Awsome ST evaluation kit

Good gracious! Here in UK we often complain the dollar prices are the same
number in pounds, meaning about 1.5 times markup, and sure enough, Farnel
want ?50 before sales tax for this item. Like Tony, I?d be happy to purchase
for you if we can re-export to you without customs difficulties.

> I've noticed this in their license as well, and worried a bit about this
> too.  I'm happy with the project moving to a BSD license.  Will this be the
> standard one or modified?  The standard license includes reference to not
> using the organization or contributor names for promotion.  Is eLua itself
> considered an organization, or is there one to which it will be associated?
>  I can't say I have strong opinions about BSD (and variants) vs MIT, etc..
> but I'm curious :-)

eLua is not (yet) an organization. Thank you for this question, I'll have to
think about it. I'm not a licensing specialist by any measure, so this kind
of discussion keeps me on the right track :)

> Also, this seems like a rather odd thing to include in a license that
> otherwise allows free redistribution as long as it is used with their
> hardware.  Especially if communications with with the company itself suggest
> that that phrase isn't something they would really pursue.  It feels more
> like a knee-jerk "GPL is bad, therefore we include an indirect reference to
> make it incompatible" kind of inclusion rather than a reasoned one.

As usual, the world is not black and white, there are numerous colors
in-between :) I can understand their point and relate to it to some extent.
I agree that GPL helped the open source scene a lot, but I also think it can
be quite restrictive at times. But we took the decision to move to BSD
before realizing that we have a problem with the LM3S library, so everything
is OK as far as we are concerned :)
I'm actually inclined to release eLua itself under MIT, but we already
include software that's BSD (uIP and some manufacturer libraries) and I
don't know how these would interact. Plus it would probably confuse users to
have a project that's licensed under multiple licenses, so we'll stick to
BSD in the end.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Tony <tony.elua at gmail.com> wrote:

> Question to everyone outside the US:
> Are imports a big hassle?  In other words, if someone in the US (like me)
> sends a package with a $49 STPrimer2 to Brazil or elsewhere, how much hassle
> are customs?

When it comes to electronic COMPONENTS (as in chips or even assembled
boards, as long as they don't look like a video player, MP3 player or
whatever else they might consider a fully blown device :) ), we don't
generally pay taxes in Romania.

> BTW, listed prices don't always match selling in the US - for example, the
> STR9 Comstick sells for $49 (according to ST), but Mouser is selling it for
> $63.70
>
> --Tony
>

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello John,
>>    Just to illustrate how taxes and weird policies can kill development
>> and creativity, I just called Farnell to check the price and availability of
>> the Primer2.
>>    It is not available and they ask for 6 to 12 weeks to deliver. The item
>> is imported on demand and the final price here (estimated, because it may
>> vary with the US$ rate) is R$ 612,00  a little over US$ 260,00 in today's
>> change rate :( :( :(
>>    .... Still, we have Carnival and a nice weather ....... :)
>>
>> Best
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 13:53, John Hind <john.hind at zen.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>  Anyone spotted this:
>>>

>>> http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/cms/press/news/year2009/p2364.htm
>>>

>>> It is available now from Farnell (operates worldwide including Romania
>>> and Brazil), costs $50 and has a 512/64 KB ARM microcontroller, so should
>>> run eLua comfortably!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

John Hind John Hind

eLua open hardware

I agree - making boards up to double-sided plate-through is very easy with
free software and online services like PCBTrain and PCB-Pool, even economic
in single units. Still more difficult to assemble surface-mount components
though unless you have special equipment or very good eyesight and steady
hands! Still batches of a few dozen including assembly can be had
economically.

eLua open hardware

> I think a variety of eLua boards would be a good thing.

Definitely! Although this would also add some problems (like the
incompatibilities between different stamps), having the user able to make an
actual choice would be a Good Thing.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 16:12, James Snyder <jbsnyder at fanplastic.org> wrote:

> I've noticed this in their license as well, and worried a bit about this
> too.  I'm happy with the project moving to a BSD license.  Will this be the
> standard one or modified?  The standard license includes reference to not
> using the organization or contributor names for promotion.  Is eLua itself
> considered an organization, or is there one to which it will be associated?
>  I can't say I have strong opinions about BSD (and variants) vs MIT, etc..
> but I'm curious :-)

Please send us your "strong opinions" and feelings about these licenses, in
pvt if you prefer. They will sure be of great help, as we can be anything
but lawyers here :)

> Also, this seems like a rather odd thing to include in a license that
> otherwise allows free redistribution as long as it is used with their
> hardware.  Especially if communications with with the company itself suggest
> that that phrase isn't something they would really pursue.  It feels more
> like a knee-jerk "GPL is bad, therefore we include an indirect reference to
> make it incompatible" kind of inclusion rather than a reasoned one.

To be continued one day, when we recontact Luminary Micro for that matter.
For now, we are very focused on closing our v0.6, to release it by the end
of the month.

> -jsnyder

> On Feb 12, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Actually WE well move to BSD starting with 0.6, so the problem will solve
> by itself :) (I already asked on their forums, and BSD is not considered a
> viral license).
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Jesus Alvarez <jalvarez at micromint.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello, Dado.
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> I believe that if their intention is to restrict usage to LMI hardware,
>> they
>> should drop the "viral" statement from the license text. That statement is
>> not consistent with the intentions they state verbally or via email. It
>> could lead to misunderstandings in the future.
>>
>> The "viral" reference could even be considered insulting to some open
>> source
>> enthusiasts. Relating virus to open source software is inappropriate and
>> me it does not make much sense.
>>
>> It would be difficult to justify developing a driver library independent
>> from Luminary just because of that statement. Their library works well and
>> can be freely distributed. But they should remove that sentence from the
>> license and make the license text consistent with their apparent
>> intentions.
>> Lawyers can find many ways to interpret a license so there should be
>> little
>> room for interpretation. It would be better if they moved to BSD or
>> another
>> common open source license that has been well tested. Yet that may be
>> asking
>> too much.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jesus Alvarez

> --
> James Snyder
> Biomedical Engineering
> Northwestern University
> jbsnyder at fanplastic.org
> http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
> ph: (847) 644-2322

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Awsome ST evaluation kit

That is an amazing value.

It's also got 16 adc channels (12 bit!), 2 DACs and USB.

Unfortunately it doesn't have ethernet, but, wow.  I think I'll order
a few of these :-)

jbsnyder at fanplastic.org
http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 644-2322