eLua on MOD711

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

eLua on MOD711

Hello everybody!

Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
It's not Romania-only anymore!
We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit and
make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
having some fun.

Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...

Teo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Bittencourt Bittencourt

eLua on MOD711

T?o, why are you speaking like a politician?!  =]

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
> It's not Romania-only anymore!
> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
> having some fun.
>
> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>

> Teo

--Pedro Bittencourt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

eLua on MOD711

Bravooooooooo !
   That is indeed a great achievement, to be able to use the obscure OpenOCD
for flashing the MCUs from Linux.
   Congratulatios to all you guys.
   I must remember to the list that they are all graduate students, with no
previous knowledge of anything like this :)
   Thanks a lot to Bogdan for supporting them too !!!!!

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
> It's not Romania-only anymore!
> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
> having some fun.
>
> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>

> Teo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

eLua on MOD711

Signs of the new Obama's era :)

[]ssssssssssss
Dado

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Pedro Bittencourt <
pedrobittencourt87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> T?o, why are you speaking like a politician?!  =]
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
>> It's not Romania-only anymore!
>> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
>> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
>> having some fun.
>>
>> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>>

>> Teo
>>

> --
> --Pedro Bittencourt

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

eLua on MOD711

He's probably still under the influence of the recent US elections :)
In all seriousness though, GOOD WORK! I now that wasn't easy, and it
required lots and lots of testing (and probably a lot of creative swearing
for most part), so this is indeed something to be proud of.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Pedro Bittencourt <
pedrobittencourt87 at gmail.com> wrote:

> T?o, why are you speaking like a politician?!  =]
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
>> It's not Romania-only anymore!
>> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
>> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
>> having some fun.
>>
>> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>>

>> Teo
>>

> --
> --Pedro Bittencourt

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

eLua on MOD711

I couldn't agree more.
And by the way guys, the algorithm is as follows:

1. make the damn thing work - CHECK
2. brag about it all over the place like it's the damndest thing ever :) -
CHECK
3. get really, really drunk to celebrate - CHECK ?
4. get sober again - still way too soon for this. Allow for a few days for
proper sobering up.
5. write a small summary of the whole procedure, so we can add it to the
eLua page and share the whole experience with the world.

Thanks,
Bogdan

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bravooooooooo !
>    That is indeed a great achievement, to be able to use the obscure
> OpenOCD for flashing the MCUs from Linux.
>    Congratulatios to all you guys.
>    I must remember to the list that they are all graduate students, with no
> previous knowledge of anything like this :)
>    Thanks a lot to Bogdan for supporting them too !!!!!
>
> Best
> Dado
>

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody!
>>
>> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
>> It's not Romania-only anymore!
>> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
>> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
>> having some fun.
>>
>> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>>

>> Teo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

eLua on MOD711

Ok Pedro, I now what you want...

Thanks to Pedro too... he ia a s-p-e-c-i-a-l guy!

That's better for you now?!

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Signs of the new Obama's era :)
>
> []ssssssssssss
> Dado
>

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Pedro Bittencourt <
> pedrobittencourt87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> T?o, why are you speaking like a politician?!  =]
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everybody!
>>>
>>> Here I come to tell you eLua is running on STR7 in brazilian soil now!
>>> It's not Romania-only anymore!
>>> We have to do some other tests, change the example programs a little bit
>>> and make a new build, but right now I'm playing hangman on HyperTerminal and
>>> having some fun.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Ives, Caio, Fernando and Bogdan for everything...
>>>

>>> Teo
>>>

>> --
>> --Pedro Bittencourt

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

eLua on MOD711

Just kidding, man... Now, seriously:
I want to be a politician in the future. Vote for me! ;)
hahahahaha

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok Pedro, I now what you want...
>
> Thanks to Pedro too... he ia a s-p-e-c-i-a-l guy!
>
> That's better for you now?!
>

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Signs of the new Obama's era :)
>>
>> []ssssssssssss
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Pedro Bittencourt <
>> pedrobittencourt87 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> T?o, why are you speaking like a politician?!  =]

>>> --
>>> --Pedro Bittencourt

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

eLua on MOD711

Bogdan,
Today I'll not have much time for this, but tomorow I'll try to understand
better the OpenOCD behavior and I have some questions.
The tricky part is that we've got a few errors while trying to burn eLua,
but it worked ok!
It's a little confuse yet, but let's try to understand.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just kidding, man... Now, seriously:
> I want to be a politician in the future. Vote for me! ;)
> hahahahaha
>

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Ok Pedro, I now what you want...
>>
>> Thanks to Pedro too... he ia a s-p-e-c-i-a-l guy!
>>
>> That's better for you now?!
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Signs of the new Obama's era :)
>>>
>>> []ssssssssssss
>>> Dado

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Caio Percia Mehlem Caio Percia Mehlem

eLua on MOD711

The biggest problem is that we are not sure what made it work since we
installed it hundreds of times, from ubuntu repositories, from binary
installers (on windows), building from source, every way possible...
My guess is that the build from source was what made it work, still we
must try to reproduce the working installation and configuration on a
clean ubuntu install to find out which is the correct way

2008/11/6 T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>:

> Bogdan,
> Today I'll not have much time for this, but tomorow I'll try to understand
> better the OpenOCD behavior and I have some questions.
> The tricky part is that we've got a few errors while trying to burn eLua,
> but it worked ok!
> It's a little confuse yet, but let's try to understand.
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just kidding, man... Now, seriously:
>> I want to be a politician in the future. Vote for me! ;)
>> hahahahaha
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:35 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok Pedro, I now what you want...
>>>
>>> Thanks to Pedro too... he ia a s-p-e-c-i-a-l guy!
>>>
>>> That's better for you now?!

eLua on MOD711

OpenOCD is a very dynamic piece of software, which is fine. Its
documentation, on the other hand, it's not at all as dynamic as OpenOCD
itself, which isn't at all that fine. A few possible reasons for which it
only worked after so many tries:

- you were using old versions (I know that this happened with one of the
versions that Teo used) that simply didn't have support for this CPU.
- you were using version(s) that only had USB support compiled, not parallel
port (again, I know that this happened to you).
- you were using different versions, between which the syntax of the
configuration files changed (yes, this happens a lot too).

So, if you found a version that works, it's good to try to realise why it's
the only one that works,. but it's even more important to document the whole
process that actually _works_ for posterity :)