OO modules in eLua?

Mr.John Mr.John

OO modules in eLua?

Hullo,
Do object-oriented modules like Lua-Coat (http://lua-coat.luaforge.net/) or LOOP (http://loop.luaforge.net/) work in eLua? Does anyone use them? Does anyone have any comments or recommendations about the idea?
Also, would the LTR rotables extension be a particular problem with these modules?

Thanks,
John Blitch

Re: OO modules in eLua?

Hi,

Sorry, I never tried that. The only OOP model I tried is the very simple prototype-based model described in "Programming in Lua", it was enough for my needs.
About LTR: as long as you don't need to write _anything_ to the table (not only entries, but also settings its metatable) the behaviour should be the same as the one for regular tables.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Mr.John <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hullo,
Do object-oriented modules like Lua-Coat (http://lua-coat.luaforge.net/) or LOOP (http://loop.luaforge.net/) work in eLua? Does anyone use them? Does anyone have any comments or recommendations about the idea?
Also, would the LTR rotables extension be a particular problem with these modules?

Thanks,
John Blitch

Re: OO modules in eLua?

Hello,
   I'm not familiar with these two OO modules but I don't see big problems using them in eLua, as what we have is plain Lua (less some not usefull functions in an embedded OSless environment like the ones in the os module).
   Of course the FLASH/ROM and, specially, the RAM requirements will have to be checked carefully.
   As of using our rotables, as long as you don't need to change it's content (keys or values), there should be no problem neither. You can even have metatables on them or use them as meta-tables for other regular Lua types. They should actually help a lot on saving some RAM.
   Please keep us posted about your experiences on using these modules if possible.