New site migration

Hi,
   Some weeks ago we launched the new "look" and structure of our main site, in an experimental way at the temporary URI http://new.eluaproject.net
   The other project services (tracker, web builder and wiki) have also received new templates to reflect the new "look" of the main site.
   We haven't got any help to revise or improve it but I think it is now ready enough for us to migrate the main URI (www.eluaproject.net) to the new version.
   Does anybody have any reason not to go for it already (==next few days) ?
   Doc and general content may need some fixes and improvement but this is to be done in a continuos base and is also one of the reasons why we migrated the site to a CMS-based structure.
   Comments and ideas are welcomed.

Thanks

Mike King Mike King

Re: New site migration

It looks very good.  The layout and graphics is all professional
looking.  Did you do all the work?
Sergio Sorrenti Sergio Sorrenti

Re: New site migration

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:03, Mike King <[hidden email]> wrote:
It looks very good.

Thank you Mike; good to hear.

 The layout and graphics is all professional
looking.  Did you do all the work?

Not at all.
This (below) is not an extensive or final credit list, because my memory is not good enough to remember in detail. But I count on you all to refine it and make it ready to be published on the new site soon too:

The new site structure was initially proposed with Mauricio Bomfim and Vagner Nascimento and later refined with the help from and brainstorming with Thiago Naves. Marcelo Politzer,  Stéphane Beaurin and Aécio Pires..
The RefineryCMS installation (@Heroku) and configuration, as well as the Ruby scripts for some services (Quotes, News, Paypal integration and others....) were done by Vagner Nascimento and Mauricio Bomfim.
The main site art was produced by Vagner Nascimento and a professional Web Designer, sponsored by Raul Nunes (from PUC-Rio but at his own expenses).
The templates to reproduce the main new art for the Tracker (Redmine) and for the Wiki (MoinMoin) were produced and installed by Aecio Pires.
The templates to reproduce the main art for the Web Builder were done by Vagner Nascimento and Carlos Eduardo Deodoro.
The refactoring of the doc building Lua scripts were done with Vagner Nascimento and Guilherme Pacheco.
In all of the steps above, we had a lot of help from James Snyder and Bogdan Marinescu.

Please forgive me if I forgot someone and (plsssssssss) help me to fix it.

I would like to hear more from the community about migrating ASAP for the new site. Is it ready enough ?
Of course there are and there will always be refinements to be done. They are being tracked and processed on the "eLua Services" project, which currently relates to issues on the main site, wiki, tracker and web builder, at http://tracker.eluaproject.net/projects/eluaservices/sprints/show
You are all welcomed to register and collaborate.

Re: New site migration

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 15:50, Sergio Sorrenti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dado,

while you make the switch off, maybe you can let an access for some time to the old website, under old.eluaproject.net, what you think? Just an idea if someone that want it online for some reason.

Thank you Sergio.
This can be done if you and others find interesting.
We don't want old links pointing to the old site though. There is currently a topic on the tracker about a solution for them to point somewhere on the new site structure and Mauricio aparently has a solution for it.
It could live in a new to-be-created "Old Doc" section, which will one day contain v0.8 doc and other updated versions (but probably not previous to v0.8 in this new structure).