New QEI Module

Campbell Letts Campbell Letts

New QEI Module

Hi All,

I've been working on a generic Quadrature Encoder Interface (QEI) module to add to elua. Specifically, I've been working on the lm3s8962 eval board.

The module is now working on my board and I am currently writing an eluadoc for it; refman_gen_qei.lua.

I've created/appended the following files as necessary:
src/modules/qei.c
src/modules/auxmods.h
src/elua_qei.c
inc/elua_qei.h
inc/platform.h
src/platform/lm3s/platform_conf.h
src/platform/lm3s/platform.c
doc/eluadoc/refman_gen_qei.lua

And from Stellarisware, added:
src/platform/lm3s/driverlib/qei.h
src/platform/lm3s/driverlib/qei.c

If the community would benefit from it I would be happy to share what I've coded.

Is there anything that else I need to do if it was to become communal?

Cheers,
Campbell

--
Campbell Letts

Brian Thorne Brian Thorne

Re: New QEI Module

Hi Campbell,
I've been using my own lua module to read two encoders using the QEI peripherals on an LM3S. If you could push your changes to an elua fork on github I'd like to try it out.

Would it be worth having a purely software implementation for the platforms that don't have QEI peripherals?

Cheers, Brian

On 14 December 2011 11:13, Campbell Letts <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think this could be quite useful for others in the community. I've
added some functionality on STM32 to enable the use of the quadrature
decoding built into the timers on there, it would be nice to have a
common API to use for QEI if possible on various platforms.

Again, if you could push it up to a fork or if you could provide diffs
so that someone else could that might be the best way to allow people
to experiment with it and to get things integrated into the mainline.

Best.

-jsnyder