MOD711 flashing errors

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

MOD711 flashing errors

Hello eLua people.
Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
other computer here in the lab.

It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was ok.

But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a little
bit strange (isn't it?).

I'm sending 2 documents here:
-The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
-The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.

I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
this.

Thanks,
T?o

MOD711 flashing errors

I have no idea what that means, unfortunately ...

Bogdan

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello eLua people.
> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
> other computer here in the lab.
>
> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
> ok.
>
> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a little
> bit strange (isn't it?).
>
> I'm sending 2 documents here:
> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>
> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

MOD711 flashing errors

I'm sorry!
I sent the portuguese version of "installing openocd".

It's now in english:

dependences:
automake
subversion
autoconf
texinfo

svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/openocd/trunk -r 717

cd trunk

./bootstrap

./configure --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev

make

sudo make install

use the str7prg.cfg Bogdan's file to SRT711 but change the section #JTAG
Interface to:
####
interface parport
parport_port 0
parport_cable wiggler
jtag_speed 0
####

sudo openocd -f str7prg.cfg

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello eLua people.
> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
> other computer here in the lab.
>
> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
> ok.
>
> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a little
> bit strange (isn't it?).
>
> I'm sending 2 documents here:
> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>
> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
> this.
>
> Thanks,
> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

No, sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough :) The "installing openocd"
document was perfectly fine. The thing that I don't get is why OpenOCD is
giving these errors. It looks almost like it doesn't detect the target
properly, but I find that hard to believe, since it's programming just fine
... Did you modify anything else in str7prg.cfg?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm sorry!
> I sent the portuguese version of "installing openocd".
>
> It's now in english:
>
> dependences:
> automake
> subversion
> autoconf
> texinfo
>
> svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/openocd/trunk -r 717
>
> cd trunk
>
> ./bootstrap
>
> ./configure --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev
>
> make
>
> sudo make install
>
> use the str7prg.cfg Bogdan's file to SRT711 but change the section #JTAG
> Interface to:
> ####
> interface parport
> parport_port 0
> parport_cable wiggler
> jtag_speed 0
> ####
>
> sudo openocd -f str7prg.cfg
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello eLua people.
>> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
>> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
>> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
>> other computer here in the lab.
>>
>> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
>> ok.
>>
>> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a little
>> bit strange (isn't it?).
>>
>> I'm sending 2 documents here:
>> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
>> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>>
>> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
>> this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

MOD711 flashing errors

Oh my god. I'm hopeless now.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no idea what that means, unfortunately ...
>
> Bogdan
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello eLua people.
>> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
>> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
>> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
>> other computer here in the lab.
>>
>> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
>> ok.
>>
>> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a little
>> bit strange (isn't it?).
>>
>> I'm sending 2 documents here:
>> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
>> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>>
>> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
>> this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

What, did you just get married or something ? :) You're way too young to be
hopeless. Just list your str7prg.cfg file here and we'll take a look at it.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:33 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Oh my god. I'm hopeless now.
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have no idea what that means, unfortunately ...
>>
>> Bogdan
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello eLua people.
>>> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
>>> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
>>> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
>>> other computer here in the lab.
>>>
>>> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
>>> ok.
>>>
>>> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a
>>> little bit strange (isn't it?).
>>>
>>> I'm sending 2 documents here:
>>> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
>>> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>>>
>>> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

MOD711 flashing errors

Yes, I understood. I'm asking because we have no idea as well.
We didn't change anything else...
But right now we are trying to flash it again and we have different errors.
Now it's not working!!!!!!
It seems that the OpenOCD can not erase the flash.

This is the str7prg.cfg file:

#daemon configuration
telnet_port 4444
gdb_port 3333

#interface
interface parport
parport_port 0
parport_cable wiggler
jtag_speed 0

#use combined on interfaces or targets that can't set TRST/SRST separately
reset_config trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst

#jtag scan chain
jtag_device 4 0x1 0xf 0xe

#target configuration
daemon_startup reset

target arm7tdmi little run_and_init 0 arm7tdmi
run_and_halt_time 0 30

working_area 0 0x2000C000 0x4000 nobackup
flash bank str7x 0x40000000 0x00040000 0 0 0 STR71x

#Script used for FLASH programming
target_script 0 reset str7_flashprogram.script

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough :) The "installing openocd"
> document was perfectly fine. The thing that I don't get is why OpenOCD is
> giving these errors. It looks almost like it doesn't detect the target
> properly, but I find that hard to believe, since it's programming just fine
> ... Did you modify anything else in str7prg.cfg?
>
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry!
>> I sent the portuguese version of "installing openocd".
>>
>> It's now in english:
>>
>> dependences:
>> automake
>> subversion
>> autoconf
>> texinfo
>>
>> svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/openocd/trunk -r 717
>>
>> cd trunk
>>
>> ./bootstrap
>>
>> ./configure --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev
>>
>> make
>>
>> sudo make install
>>
>> use the str7prg.cfg Bogdan's file to SRT711 but change the section #JTAG
>> Interface to:
>> ####
>> interface parport
>> parport_port 0
>> parport_cable wiggler
>> jtag_speed 0
>> ####
>>
>> sudo openocd -f str7prg.cfg
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:37 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello eLua people.
>>> Last week we did a eLua build and burned it into MOD711.
>>> We started all the OpenOCD from the beginning in a fresh-and-new Ubuntu.
>>> We did not build eLua in this computer, only got a pre-built image from
>>> other computer here in the lab.
>>>
>>> It worked fine. We tried to burn 3 different images 3 times and that was
>>> ok.
>>>
>>> But we've got some errors in the burning process and I think it's a
>>> little bit strange (isn't it?).
>>>
>>> I'm sending 2 documents here:
>>> -The first describes everything we did to install and configure OpenOCD.
>>> -The other one is an error log. We got the same errors for all the tries.
>>>
>>> I think we need some help to understand it before writing a tutorial for
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> T?o

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

Ah damn it. This kind of things happened to me a lot too. OpenOCD would
program a target just fine, then refuse to program it properly anymore, out
of the blue ... damn me if I know why. Take a deep breath, re-connect the
JTAG adapter, power cycle the board, and retry. I suppose that you're
powering it via USB, so the power supply should be fine. Also, check your
BIOS. The LPT port should be set to ECP or EPP+ECP.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:38 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, I understood. I'm asking because we have no idea as well.
> We didn't change anything else...
> But right now we are trying to flash it again and we have different errors.
> Now it's not working!!!!!!
> It seems that the OpenOCD can not erase the flash.
>
> This is the str7prg.cfg file:
>
> #daemon configuration
> telnet_port 4444
> gdb_port 3333
>
> #interface
> interface parport
> parport_port 0
> parport_cable wiggler
> jtag_speed 0
>
> #use combined on interfaces or targets that can't set TRST/SRST separately
> reset_config trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst
>
> #jtag scan chain
> jtag_device 4 0x1 0xf 0xe
>
> #target configuration
> daemon_startup reset
>
> target arm7tdmi little run_and_init 0 arm7tdmi
> run_and_halt_time 0 30
>
> working_area 0 0x2000C000 0x4000 nobackup
> flash bank str7x 0x40000000 0x00040000 0 0 0 STR71x
>
> #Script used for FLASH programming
> target_script 0 reset str7_flashprogram.script
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough :) The "installing openocd"
>> document was perfectly fine. The thing that I don't get is why OpenOCD is
>> giving these errors. It looks almost like it doesn't detect the target
>> properly, but I find that hard to believe, since it's programming just fine
>> ... Did you modify anything else in str7prg.cfg?
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry!
>>> I sent the portuguese version of "installing openocd".
>>>
>>> It's now in english:
>>>
>>> dependences:
>>> automake
>>> subversion
>>> autoconf
>>> texinfo
>>>
>>> svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/openocd/trunk -r 717
>>>
>>> cd trunk
>>>
>>> ./bootstrap
>>>
>>> ./configure --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev
>>>
>>> make
>>>
>>> sudo make install
>>>
>>> use the str7prg.cfg Bogdan's file to SRT711 but change the section #JTAG
>>> Interface to:
>>> ####
>>> interface parport
>>> parport_port 0
>>> parport_cable wiggler
>>> jtag_speed 0
>>> ####
>>>
>>> sudo openocd -f str7prg.cfg

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

Thanks Bogdan!
   We're having some progress here, after avoiding to many "distributed"
ground references (USB in one computer, paralel port in other, 232 pwr
supply, ....).
   It has aparently flashed now but the final image is still not running
   We'll keep praying, I mean, we'll keep trying :) :)

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah damn it. This kind of things happened to me a lot too. OpenOCD would
> program a target just fine, then refuse to program it properly anymore, out
> of the blue ... damn me if I know why. Take a deep breath, re-connect the
> JTAG adapter, power cycle the board, and retry. I suppose that you're
> powering it via USB, so the power supply should be fine. Also, check your
> BIOS. The LPT port should be set to ECP or EPP+ECP.
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:38 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Yes, I understood. I'm asking because we have no idea as well.
>> We didn't change anything else...
>> But right now we are trying to flash it again and we have different
>> errors. Now it's not working!!!!!!
>> It seems that the OpenOCD can not erase the flash.
>>
>> This is the str7prg.cfg file:
>>
>> #daemon configuration
>> telnet_port 4444
>> gdb_port 3333
>>
>> #interface
>> interface parport
>> parport_port 0
>> parport_cable wiggler
>> jtag_speed 0
>>
>> #use combined on interfaces or targets that can't set TRST/SRST separately
>> reset_config trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst
>>
>> #jtag scan chain
>> jtag_device 4 0x1 0xf 0xe
>>
>> #target configuration
>> daemon_startup reset
>>
>> target arm7tdmi little run_and_init 0 arm7tdmi
>> run_and_halt_time 0 30
>>
>> working_area 0 0x2000C000 0x4000 nobackup
>> flash bank str7x 0x40000000 0x00040000 0 0 0 STR71x
>>
>> #Script used for FLASH programming
>> target_script 0 reset str7_flashprogram.script
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
>> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough :) The "installing openocd"
>>> document was perfectly fine. The thing that I don't get is why OpenOCD is
>>> giving these errors. It looks almost like it doesn't detect the target
>>> properly, but I find that hard to believe, since it's programming just fine
>>> ... Did you modify anything else in str7prg.cfg?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Mike Panetta Mike Panetta

MOD711 flashing errors

Would it help if you programed a serial bootloader in that would allow you
to skip using JTAG for development purposes?  That's one of the things I am
really loving about the STM32, it has a built in (internal ROM) serial
bootloader, so I am avoiding all the hassles of JTAG to load code.

Speaking of JTAG hassles...  When I was using OpenOCD to flash my olimex
LPC23xx devel board I seem to remember that the order of power on and when
things were connected made a huge difference as to whether or not everything
would work.  I think the target needed to be powered on before the host, and
the JTAG needed to be connected either before you turned everything on, or
before you powered up the JTAG dongle (or in your case since its parallel, I
guess the host).

I was using my LM3S devel board as a USB JTAG programmer, so I would plug
the LM3S JTAG out port to the Olimex JTAG in port, then plug in (turn on)
the Olimex board, then plug in my LM3S board.  If I did not get the order
right the JTAG port on the LPC chip would seem to lock up or act random, and
I would have to start all over again.

HTH,
Mike

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Bogdan!
>    We're having some progress here, after avoiding to many "distributed"
> ground references (USB in one computer, paralel port in other, 232 pwr
> supply, ....).
>    It has aparently flashed now but the final image is still not running
>    We'll keep praying, I mean, we'll keep trying :) :)
>
> Best
> Dado
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah damn it. This kind of things happened to me a lot too. OpenOCD would
>> program a target just fine, then refuse to program it properly anymore, out
>> of the blue ... damn me if I know why. Take a deep breath, re-connect the
>> JTAG adapter, power cycle the board, and retry. I suppose that you're
>> powering it via USB, so the power supply should be fine. Also, check your
>> BIOS. The LPT port should be set to ECP or EPP+ECP.
>>
>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:38 PM, T?o Benjamin <teo.benjamin at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I understood. I'm asking because we have no idea as well.
>>> We didn't change anything else...
>>> But right now we are trying to flash it again and we have different
>>> errors. Now it's not working!!!!!!
>>> It seems that the OpenOCD can not erase the flash.
>>>
>>> This is the str7prg.cfg file:
>>>
>>> #daemon configuration
>>> telnet_port 4444
>>> gdb_port 3333
>>>
>>> #interface
>>> interface parport
>>> parport_port 0
>>> parport_cable wiggler
>>> jtag_speed 0
>>>
>>> #use combined on interfaces or targets that can't set TRST/SRST
>>> separately
>>> reset_config trst_and_srst srst_pulls_trst
>>>
>>> #jtag scan chain
>>> jtag_device 4 0x1 0xf 0xe
>>>
>>> #target configuration
>>> daemon_startup reset
>>>
>>> target arm7tdmi little run_and_init 0 arm7tdmi
>>> run_and_halt_time 0 30
>>>
>>> working_area 0 0x2000C000 0x4000 nobackup
>>> flash bank str7x 0x40000000 0x00040000 0 0 0 STR71x
>>>
>>> #Script used for FLASH programming
>>> target_script 0 reset str7_flashprogram.script

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

> Would it help if you programed a serial bootloader in that would allow you
> to skip using JTAG for development purposes?  That's one of the things I am
> really loving about the STM32, it has a built in (internal ROM) serial
> bootloader, so I am avoiding all the hassles of JTAG to load code.

Ah. Thanks, I didn't know that. Now I love the STM32 even more :)

> Speaking of JTAG hassles...  When I was using OpenOCD to flash my olimex
> LPC23xx devel board I seem to remember that the order of power on and when
> things were connected made a huge difference as to whether or not everything
> would work.  I think the target needed to be powered on before the host, and
> the JTAG needed to be connected either before you turned everything on, or
> before you powered up the JTAG dongle (or in your case since its parallel, I
> guess the host).

I have a similar experience with my LPC2888 board, although I can't remember
the proper order of operations for the life of me ... I just curse it until
it starts working :)

> I was using my LM3S devel board as a USB JTAG programmer, so I would plug
> the LM3S JTAG out port to the Olimex JTAG in port, then plug in (turn on)
> the Olimex board, then plug in my LM3S board.  If I did not get the order
> right the JTAG port on the LPC chip would seem to lock up or act random, and
> I would have to start all over again.

The on-board USB to JTAG converter on my Luminary LM3S8962 board works
flawlessly. Then again, I never even tried to use it with OpenOCD, I only
used the software from Luminary. Never had a single problem with it. So
maybe it's not because the adapters ...

> HTH,
> Mike
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bogdan!
>>    We're having some progress here, after avoiding to many "distributed"
>> ground references (USB in one computer, paralel port in other, 232 pwr
>> supply, ....).
>>    It has aparently flashed now but the final image is still not running
>>    We'll keep praying, I mean, we'll keep trying :) :)
>>
>> Best
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
>> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah damn it. This kind of things happened to me a lot too. OpenOCD would
>>> program a target just fine, then refuse to program it properly anymore, out
>>> of the blue ... damn me if I know why. Take a deep breath, re-connect the
>>> JTAG adapter, power cycle the board, and retry. I suppose that you're
>>> powering it via USB, so the power supply should be fine. Also, check your
>>> BIOS. The LPT port should be set to ECP or EPP+ECP.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dado Sutter-2 Dado Sutter-2

MOD711 flashing errors

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Mike Panetta <panetta.mike at gmail.com>wrote:

> Would it help if you programed a serial bootloader in that would allow you
> to skip using JTAG for development purposes?  That's one of the things I am
> really loving about the STM32, it has a built in (internal ROM) serial
> bootloader, so I am avoiding all the hassles of JTAG to load code.

That IS nice !!!  I didn't know that either !
Thanks for the suggestion Mike.

> Speaking of JTAG hassles...  When I was using OpenOCD to flash my olimex
> LPC23xx devel board I seem to remember that the order of power on and when
> things were connected made a huge difference as to whether or not everything
> would work.  I think the target needed to be powered on before the host, and
> the JTAG needed to be connected either before you turned everything on, or
> before you powered up the JTAG dongle (or in your case since its parallel, I
> guess the host).

So it sounds still weirder than what we thought :(
We'll try it all in the next round. Tks.
Yesterday we were beaten by OpenOCD :( :( trying to Flash a MOD711 board
(ARM7 STR711) with a custom image built for a friend that will present a
work next wednesday in Unicamp, an university near S?o Paulo.

I was using my LM3S devel board as a USB JTAG programmer, so I would plug
> the LM3S JTAG out port to the Olimex JTAG in port, then plug in (turn on)
> the Olimex board, then plug in my LM3S board.  If I did not get the order
> right the JTAG port on the LPC chip would seem to lock up or act random, and
> I would have to start all over again.

Weird :-o :(
Tks for the help !!

> HTH,
> Mike

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Bogdan!
>>    We're having some progress here, after avoiding to many "distributed"
>> ground references (USB in one computer, paralel port in other, 232 pwr
>> supply, ....).
>>    It has aparently flashed now but the final image is still not running
>>    We'll keep praying, I mean, we'll keep trying :) :)
>>
>> Best
>> Dado
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <
>> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah damn it. This kind of things happened to me a lot too. OpenOCD would
>>> program a target just fine, then refuse to program it properly anymore, out
>>> of the blue ... damn me if I know why. Take a deep breath, re-connect the
>>> JTAG adapter, power cycle the board, and retry. I suppose that you're
>>> powering it via USB, so the power supply should be fine. Also, check your
>>> BIOS. The LPT port should be set to ECP or EPP+ECP.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

MOD711 flashing errors

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> The on-board USB to JTAG converter on my Luminary LM3S8962 board works
> flawlessly. Then again, I never even tried to use it with OpenOCD, I only
> used the software from Luminary. Never had a single problem with it. So
> maybe it's not because the adapters ...

Yes, we've never had problems with the USB-JTAG programmer on our LM3S8962
too, using the program that came with the kit.
The thing is that it only run in Windows :( and we need to get rid of it :(
So we've been strugling with OpenOCD, that seems to be the only alternative
for now.
I found a guy (actually he found me, in the Seminar in SP) from Brasilia
that works (and likes !!!) OpenOCD. I'm trying to bring him to eLua and
eventually here to the list too.
Mike's bootloader suggestion is nice but it will eat precious flash space in
the current mcus we have downhere.

Best,