Cheap Available Boards

Daniel Bolgheroni Daniel Bolgheroni

Cheap Available Boards

Hi elua-dev@,

I'm looking for a cheap dev board to run eLua. You may think: "most
boards are cheap". True, but not where I live. For international orders,
usually high taxes and an expensive shipping cost apply.

One alternative is the free shipping HK-based sites like DealExtreme and
others alike.  Does anyone know if any of the available boards on these
sites support eLua?

I'm thinking about a LPC1768 or STM32F103 like those:

http://dx.com/p/stm32-core103v-cortex-m3-stm32f103vet6-development-board-150550
http://dx.com/p/lpc1768-arm-cortex-m3-scm-board-148988

Thank you.
cbayona cbayona

Re: Cheap Available Boards

This one is a supported board and the price is not bad.

<  http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml  >

At 06:02 PM 1/10/2013, you wrote:

>Hi elua-dev@,
>
>I'm looking for a cheap dev board to run eLua. You may think: "most
>boards are cheap". True, but not where I live. For international orders,
>usually high taxes and an expensive shipping cost apply.
>
>One alternative is the free shipping HK-based sites like DealExtreme and
>others alike.  Does anyone know if any of the available boards on these
>sites support eLua?
>
>I'm thinking about a LPC1768 or STM32F103 like those:
>
>http://dx.com/p/stm32-core103v-cortex-m3-stm32f103vet6-development-board-150550
>http://dx.com/p/lpc1768-arm-cortex-m3-scm-board-148988
>
>Thank you.

Cecil - k5nwa
<  http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/ > <  http://www.softrockradio.org/ >

Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 08:56:58PM -0600, cbayona.cb wrote:
> This one is a supported board and the price is not bad.
>
> <  http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml  >

Yes, but as I wrote, it's not the price of the board that matters, it's
the other costs.

Usually, a ~US$20 board arrives here costing from 3x to 10x the original
price, including shipping costs, import taxes and intermediary profits.

Thank you.
Mike King Mike King

Re: Cheap Available Boards

You live in Brazil, right?  How large is the import tax?

PUC-Rio has there own eLua boards.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 08:54:30AM -0500, Mike King wrote:
> You live in Brazil, right?  How large is the import tax?

Yes. The regulations are very complex but, for this kind of stuff,
usually 60%.

The problem isn't just taxes, but high shipping costs too. It varies
from country to country but, as an example, last year I bought a book
from Canada to help a project. The book was priced at around US$20, but
it arrived here for around US$60 (taxes don't apply to books).

It would be much more worthful if I have donated the money instead of
buying the book. Of course, I wouldn't have the book, but this doesn't
matter.
hrh1818 hrh1818

Re: Cheap Available Boards

Futurlec is an Australian company.  Do products coming from Australia.
get hit with the same import taxes, intermediary charges and shipping
charges as those coming from USA?

Howard

On 1/11/2013 5:07 AM, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 08:56:58PM -0600, cbayona.cb wrote:
>> This one is a supported board and the price is not bad.
>>
>> <  http://www.futurlec.com/ET-STM32_Stamp.shtml  >
> Yes, but as I wrote, it's not the price of the board that matters, it's
> the other costs.
>
> Usually, a ~US$20 board arrives here costing from 3x to 10x the original
> price, including shipping costs, import taxes and intermediary profits.
>
> Thank you.
Tony-12 Tony-12

Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

Re: Cheap Available Boards

Another option is to keep an eye in the tideals.com as they send the boards to Brazil with the taxes payed.
Usually the best options here are chinese sites or ebay.

I'm also in Brazil btw.

Best,
Thiago

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM, Tony <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Louis Mamakos Louis Mamakos

Re: Cheap Available Boards

The Futurlec STM32F103 "Stamp" board I ordered from Futurlec was shipped form Thailand (along with a bunch of other stuff.)

Louis Mamakos

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47:06AM -0800, Tony wrote:
> Do the local distributors have anything?  For example, do Mouser or Digikey
> sell the STMF4 Discovery board (~$16 in the US) at a reasonable price?

Didn't find even in the US site.

BTW, Digikey charges US$40 to send to Brazil. Don't know about Mouser.

Thank you.
cbayona cbayona

Re: Cheap Available Boards

<
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/STM32F4DISCOVERY/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMutVogd4PRSvEN8XDBeCtgD

Took about two seconds to find it.

At 07:03 PM 1/11/2013, you wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47:06AM -0800, Tony wrote:
> > Do the local distributors have anything?  For example, do Mouser or Digikey
> > sell the STMF4 Discovery board (~$16 in the US) at a reasonable price?
>
>Didn't find even in the US site.
>
>BTW, Digikey charges US$40 to send to Brazil. Don't know about Mouser.
>
>Thank you.

Cecil - k5nwa
<  http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/ > <  http://www.softrockradio.org/ >

Pedro-5 Pedro-5

Re: Cheap Available Boards

Daniel,

Regarding the STM32F4 Discovery, I successfully  bought one at
Micro4You[1]. I can't remember how much was the shipping, but I
remember it was quite reasonable.

[1] - http://www.micro4you.com/store/stm32f4-discovery.html

--Pedro

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Daniel Bolgheroni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:47:06AM -0800, Tony wrote:
>> Do the local distributors have anything?  For example, do Mouser or Digikey
>> sell the STMF4 Discovery board (~$16 in the US) at a reasonable price?
>
> Didn't find even in the US site.
>
> BTW, Digikey charges US$40 to send to Brazil. Don't know about Mouser.
>
> Thank you.
Martin Guy Martin Guy

Re: Cheap Available Boards

On 11 January 2013 19:47, Tony <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do the local distributors have anything?

Last I knew, Dado Sutter at PUC Rio was acting as South American
distributor for the Mizar32, so no taxes or import duty or customs.
Maybe not even postage if you are close :)

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 08:00:48PM -0600, cbayona.cb wrote:

> Took about two seconds to find it.

Me too:

http://br.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=stmf4

Thank you.
cbayona cbayona

Re: Cheap Available Boards

But I found it on the first try, the trick is in searching for the
right name I searched for ST Discovery

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:58:47PM -0600, cbayona.cb wrote:
> But I found it on the first try, the trick is in searching for the
> right name I searched for ST Discovery

I'll order one of these soon.

Thank you all for helping.