untar implementation

Marcelo Politzer Marcelo Politzer

untar implementation

Hello,

I've implemented a simple untar function that will be used in my labs fork of eLua, but for it to work correctly I'll need the mkdir from posix.

I know for sure that ROMFS doesn't implement it for obvious reasons. Anyone knows about it for the other FS, especially for SD card?
Since I'm at it, does eLua implement the current directory?

PS: Does it interest anyone for me to merge it with the master and do a PULL request?

Marcelo

Re: untar implementation

Hi Marcelo,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Marcelo Politzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've implemented a simple untar function that will be used in my labs fork
> of eLua, but for it to work correctly I'll need the mkdir from posix.
>
> I know for sure that ROMFS doesn't implement it for obvious reasons. Anyone
> knows about it for the other FS, especially for SD card?

The latest code in master (fairly recent, about one or two weeks old)
adds directory support for all file systems, currently only MMCFS (SD
cards) actually implement it.

> Since I'm at it, does eLua implement the current directory?

No, there is no notion of "current directory" in eLua at the moment.
You need to use full paths.

> PS: Does it interest anyone for me to merge it with the master and do a PULL
> request?

If I understood correctly, you implemented an untar that runs under
eLua? If so, what do you use it for?

2012/9/19 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
Hi Marcelo,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM, Marcelo Politzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've implemented a simple untar function that will be used in my labs fork
> of eLua, but for it to work correctly I'll need the mkdir from posix.
>
> I know for sure that ROMFS doesn't implement it for obvious reasons. Anyone
> knows about it for the other FS, especially for SD card?

The latest code in master (fairly recent, about one or two weeks old)
adds directory support for all file systems, currently only MMCFS (SD
cards) actually implement it.

Oh, thats good news!

> Since I'm at it, does eLua implement the current directory?

No, there is no notion of "current directory" in eLua at the moment.
You need to use full paths.

Yup no big of a deal...

> PS: Does it interest anyone for me to merge it with the master and do a PULL
> request?

If I understood correctly, you implemented an untar that runs under
eLua? If so, what do you use it for?

Not sure if I can disclore it, but it is to ease transfers, something like a Xmodem for a lot of files.

> --
> Best,
> Marcelo

Regards,