run elua on i386, what to do with the .elf?

Sebastian Fey Sebastian Fey

run elua on i386, what to do with the .elf?

hi there,

id like to have a look at elua using the i386 version.
but i dont know what to with the .elf on a PC.
how do i run it? (i have ubuntu running inside a VM, but im an absolute linux-newbe)

thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Re: run elua on i386, what to do with the .elf?

I believe that ELF can be booted using the following instructions:
http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/v0.8/en_tut_bootpc.html

Bogdan could provide more information on that particular port, but I
believe he's currently out of town.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Sebastian Fey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi there,
>
> id like to have a look at elua using the i386 version.
> but i dont know what to with the .elf on a PC.
> how do i run it? (i have ubuntu running inside a VM, but im an absolute linux-newbe)
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Sebastian
Sebastian Fey Sebastian Fey

Re: run elua on i386, what to do with the .elf?

>I believe that ELF can be booted using the following instructions:
>http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/v0.8/en_tut_bootpc.html

thanks, makes sense.
maybe someone should link this useful page from the download section or pack a readme with the .elf

have a nice day,

Sebastian