require('can') fails

Owen Woollaston-2 Owen Woollaston-2

require('can') fails

Quoting Dado

I'm afraid CAN is not yet available for LM3Ss :( as James (who has
implemented CAN) only has an LM3S6965.
It works well on STM32 though.
And yes, we expect to extend it to other platforms too. (as long as we can
get our hands to some kits ....)

=====

Hi Dado - I'm surprised as I asked on this list a few weeks ago which board would be best for CAN development and  you gave this response:

=====
Hello Owen, welcome to eLua.
  Our CAN dev and tests were done on TI (previously Luminary Micro)
Cortex-M3 LM3S MCUs and the board we use is the
http://www.luminarymicro.com/products/ekt-lm3s8962.html

=====

I got a TI board (EK-LM3S8962) specifically on this advice.  I would have preferred STM32 from the start.  Anyway I'm really pleased with the TI board and eLua, and this doesn't present a big hurdle so I'll shut up now.

James - you mentioned you have a LM3S9B92 board.  Assume this is no good for getting CAN drivers up and running for my LM3S8962 board.  That said if you could help out with my board that'd be appreciated.  If you can't can you tell me which STM32 board you're using (with CAN support).

Thanks for your support guys.  BTW - I'm more than happy to pitch in with testing if required.

Cheers, Owen

Re: require('can') fails

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 20:08, Owen Woollaston <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quoting Dado

I'm afraid CAN is not yet available for LM3Ss :( as James (who has
implemented CAN) only has an LM3S6965.
It works well on STM32 though.
And yes, we expect to extend it to other platforms too. (as long as we can
get our hands to some kits ....)

=====

Hi Dado - I'm surprised as I asked on this list a few weeks ago which board would be best for CAN development and  you gave this response:

=====
Hello Owen, welcome to eLua.
  Our CAN dev and tests were done on TI (previously Luminary Micro)
Cortex-M3 LM3S MCUs and the board we use is the
http://www.luminarymicro.com/products/ekt-lm3s8962.html

Yes Owen, this is true but the board was actually an 929B.
And yes, I've been a bit too busy and messing things up a bit more than usual :)

I got a TI board (EK-LM3S8962) specifically on this advice.  I would have preferred STM32 from the start.  Anyway I'm really pleased with the TI board and eLua, and this doesn't present a big hurdle so I'll shut up now.

And you won't regret your choice, as we'll solve this CAN issue very soon now.

James - you mentioned you have a LM3S9B92 board.  Assume this is no good for getting CAN drivers up and running for my LM3S8962 board.  That said if you could help out with my board that'd be appreciated.  If you can't can you tell me which STM32 board you're using (with CAN support).

Thanks for your support guys.  BTW - I'm more than happy to pitch in with testing if required.

Cool. Thanks!

Cheers, Owen

James Snyder James Snyder