pio.port.setval( ... ) on STR-E912

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

pio.port.setval( ... ) on STR-E912

Hello,
we are using the STR-E912 board in some applications here, but we are having some trouble with the function to set a port value.
When I call pio.port.setval( 0, pio.P8 ), all the pins are really set to 0, but one of them ( P8_6 ) goes to 1.
We did set all the pins as output before.

I think it might be an eLua implementation problem in that function, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone test it? Is there any possible solution in a short time?

Thanks,
Teo

Re: pio.port.setval( ... ) on STR-E912

Hello,
   Téo, the tests you are reporting were made with the STR-E912 kit connected to some external device/prototype ?
   If yes, please disconnect it and check the levels of the output pins, alternating some pattern (ex: 0xAA and 0x55) or just counting.
   If this is a GPIO problem, it will surely be fixed in a short time.

Thanks for the report
Dado

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 15:56, Téo Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
we are using the STR-E912 board in some applications here, but we are having some trouble with the function to set a port value.
When I call pio.port.setval( 0, pio.P8 ), all the pins are really set to 0, but one of them ( P8_6 ) goes to 1.
We did set all the pins as output before.

I think it might be an eLua implementation problem in that function, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone test it? Is there any possible solution in a short time?

Thanks,
Teo

Téo Benjamin Téo Benjamin

Re: pio.port.setval( ... ) on STR-E912

Yes, the port I mentioned is connected to a LCD display.
I'll try that tomorow, but I'm quite sure that's not the problem.
When I use pio.pin.setval( ... ) to set each pin individualy, it works just fine.
I did not try to use the pin function for more then one pin. That should be a good test too.

If anyone can test it to check if the same problem happens, it would help a lot.

Thanks,
Téo

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, I'm away from the Lab until dec 21st and with no board/equipment availabe to check it :(
But if the pin works individually, the prototype is not "sinking" it and it may be a sw problem, we'll check it.
GPIO has been exaustively tested before but I don't remember having a kit before (and I do have an STR-E912 too) with so many port "numbers".
You can also try to check it quiclky on the PUC-Rio eLua Demo Board that you have. I think (not sure) it also has a high gpio port count/number.

Tkssssssss
Dado