merge: 0.6 -> trunk

The large commit just made _should_ properly merge the changes from
the 0.6 branch into the trunk.

There were a few manually resolved conflicts, all of which I believe
are correct.  Source code changes were pretty minimal, the bulk of the
changes were the docs.

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: 847.448.0386

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: merge: 0.6 -> trunk

Tks Snyder,
   We were planning a commit (by Bogdan) for the next few days but he is busy enough touring in Rio to do that now :)
   Regarding the doc, I suppose you simply replaced _all_  in the trunk by what we released on v0.6 right ?

Dado

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 23:25, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
The large commit just made _should_ properly merge the changes from the 0.6 branch into the trunk.

There were a few manually resolved conflicts, all of which I believe are correct.  Source code changes were pretty minimal, the bulk of the changes were the docs.

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: 847.448.0386

Re: merge: 0.6 -> trunk

I made an attempt at merging a few really minor doc things that were
already in trunk that I had added (some status page stuff about modules
in trunk, mostly). The rest, though, is pretty much 0.6 doc.

Merging usually isn't too much fun, but I was running a lab for an
undergrad class today, and it was one of the few types of things one can
get done when every 5-10 minutes someone is asking a question :)

-jsnyder

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 23:36 -0300, Dado Sutter wrote:

> Tks Snyder,
>    We were planning a commit (by Bogdan) for the next few days but he
> is busy enough touring in Rio to do that now :)
>    Regarding the doc, I suppose you simply replaced _all_  in the
> trunk by what we released on v0.6 right ?
>
> Dado
>

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 23:25, James Snyder <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         The large commit just made _should_ properly merge the changes
>         from the 0.6 branch into the trunk.
>
>         There were a few manually resolved conflicts, all of which I
>         believe are correct.  Source code changes were pretty minimal,
>         the bulk of the changes were the docs.
>
>         --
>         James Snyder
>         Biomedical Engineering
>         Northwestern University
>         [hidden email]
>         http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
>         ph: 847.448.0386

Re: merge: 0.6 -> trunk

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 02:06, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
I made an attempt at merging a few really minor doc things that were
already in trunk that I had added (some status page stuff about modules
in trunk, mostly). The rest, though, is pretty much 0.6 doc.

Great.

Merging usually isn't too much fun, but I was running a lab for an
undergrad class today, and it was one of the few types of things one can
get done when every 5-10 minutes someone is asking a question :)

I know the feeling :)
Thanks.

Bogdan is strugling downhere with an JTAG ARM programmer I bought from Sparkfun, to be used with an Olimex STR912 kit he brought us from Romenia. This and the NXP will probably be the next two ports we'll have soon.
But pls remember, he still officially in "vacations" here in Rio until next tuesday :)

-jsnyder

Dado

On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 23:36 -0300, Dado Sutter wrote:
> Tks Snyder,
>    We were planning a commit (by Bogdan) for the next few days but he
> is busy enough touring in Rio to do that now :)
>    Regarding the doc, I suppose you simply replaced _all_  in the
> trunk by what we released on v0.6 right ?
>
> Dado
>

> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 23:25, James Snyder <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         The large commit just made _should_ properly merge the changes
>         from the 0.6 branch into the trunk.
>
>         There were a few manually resolved conflicts, all of which I
>         believe are correct.  Source code changes were pretty minimal,
>         the bulk of the changes were the docs.
>
>         --
>         James Snyder
>         Biomedical Engineering
>         Northwestern University
>         [hidden email]
>         http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
>         ph: 847.448.0386

Re: merge: 0.6 -> trunk

No problem.

FYI, I've also put in the Emergency GC patch from Robert Jakabosky, I
can now run life.lua on the LM3S9B92 due to its having extra RAM.

P.S.: I hope Letter ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_%28paper_size%29
  ) size is OK, we've still not transitioned to the metric system in
my country. :-)

On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:

> Oh my. James, please send me a large (at least A4 sized) picture of
> you, so I can print it on a t-shirt and wear it all around, with the
> message "JS rocks". Thanks! You're right, merges aren't fun at all,
> this is why I appreciate this even more. Good work! Don't worry
> about the possible merge issues; if found, we'll fix them on the
> trunk.
> Once again, many thanks!
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM, James Snyder
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The large commit just made _should_ properly merge the changes from
> the 0.6 branch into the trunk.
>
> There were a few manually resolved conflicts, all of which I believe
> are correct.  Source code changes were pretty minimal, the bulk of
> the changes were the docs.
>
> --
> James Snyder
> Biomedical Engineering
> Northwestern University
> [hidden email]
> http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
> ph: 847.448.0386

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: 847.448.0386

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: merge: 0.6 -> trunk

Hello All,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 17:25, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No problem.
>
> FYI, I've also put in the Emergency GC patch from Robert Jakabosky, I can
> now run life.lua on the LM3S9B92 due to its having extra RAM.

Yes we saw that James, thanks!
The EGC is great for us!

> P.S.: I hope Letter ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_%28paper_size%29 )
> size is OK, we've still not transitioned to the metric system in my country.
> :-)

It will do :-)