how to program

Daljit Daljit

how to program

hi everybody
I have order STR912FW44X arm board from Olimax.com https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STR-E912/

i am new to this board and dont know how to program this board.

i have used st-link,but the kit is undetectale, if i am using serial cable to connect it, it does not show any thing, i tried serial to usb converter it did not work.

i am totally confused that what should i do,

i will be very happy if any one can guide me to solve this mystery.

thanks in advance

raman raman

Re: how to program

Dear Daljit, greetings!

> hi everybody I have order STR912FW44X arm board from Olimax.com
> https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STR-E912/

That is great!

> i am new to this board and dont know how to program this board.  i
> have used st-link,but the kit is undetectale, if i am using serial
> cable to connect it, it does not show any thing, i tried serial to
> usb converter it did not work.

A serial to USB converter - I am not too sure at this point. I didn't
have a look at the spec of your board. Do you have something like an
FTDI that talks to your chip? There should be a program that talks to
your bootloader. What is it? Are you trying to run eLua on your board?

> i am totally confused that what should i do, i will be very happy if
> any one can guide me to solve this mystery.

Nothing is mysterious (I speak for the benevolent eLua codebase). The
problem has always been gaussian noise OR as Wittgenstein says,
language; Communication protocols?

Feel free to write back. Happy hacking! Good day!

On 12 June 2017 at 12:20, Daljit [via eLua Development] <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi everybody
I have order STR912FW44X arm board from Olimax.com https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STR-E912/

i am new to this board and dont know how to program this board.

i have used st-link,but the kit is undetectale, if i am using serial cable to connect it, it does not show any thing, i tried serial to usb converter it did not work.

i am totally confused that what should i do,

i will be very happy if any one can guide me to solve this mystery.

thanks in advance

http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/how-to-program-tp7578609.html
To start a new topic under eLua Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eLua Development, click here.
NAML

Daljit Daljit

Re: how to program

Thanx raman for your reply

But as a beginer i am using serial cable with RS232 male and female connector.
One side in laptop and another in the controller board but my laptop is not detecting anything.

Please tell me which software should i use to connect them and to transfer my program in the controller

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:19 PM raman [via eLua Development] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Daljit, greetings!

> hi everybody I have order STR912FW44X arm board from Olimax.com
> https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STR-E912/

That is great!

> i am new to this board and dont know how to program this board.  i
> have used st-link,but the kit is undetectale, if i am using serial
> cable to connect it, it does not show any thing, i tried serial to
> usb converter it did not work.

A serial to USB converter - I am not too sure at this point. I didn't
have a look at the spec of your board. Do you have something like an
FTDI that talks to your chip? There should be a program that talks to
your bootloader. What is it? Are you trying to run eLua on your board?

> i am totally confused that what should i do, i will be very happy if
> any one can guide me to solve this mystery.

Nothing is mysterious (I speak for the benevolent eLua codebase). The
problem has always been gaussian noise OR as Wittgenstein says,
language; Communication protocols?

Feel free to write back. Happy hacking! Good day!

On 12 June 2017 at 12:20, Daljit [via eLua Development] <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi everybody
I have order STR912FW44X arm board from Olimax.com https://www.olimex.com/Products/ARM/ST/STR-E912/

i am new to this board and dont know how to program this board.

i have used st-link,but the kit is undetectale, if i am using serial cable to connect it, it does not show any thing, i tried serial to usb converter it did not work.

i am totally confused that what should i do,

i will be very happy if any one can guide me to solve this mystery.

thanks in advance

http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/how-to-program-tp7578609.html
To start a new topic under eLua Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eLua Development, click here.
NAML

http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/how-to-program-tp7578609p7578610.html
To unsubscribe from how to program, click here.
NAML
raman raman

Re: how to program

Dear Daljit,

> But as a beginer i am using serial cable with RS232 male and female
> connector.  One side in laptop and another in the controller board
> but my laptop is not detecting anything.

Perhaps because you're connected on a COM port. Don't you have an FTDI
interface for your target? If you connect your target board to the PC
over USB, what does you PC say? (I see your target board comes with
a USB interface).

Assuming you're using GNU/Linux, what does `dmesg' say? If you're on
Windows, the Windows device manager should say something about your
target.