elua on STM32 Primer 2

Xu Wang-3 Xu Wang-3

elua on STM32 Primer 2

Hi List,

I remember there were discussions several weeks ago about stamp equipment for eLua, and one of the suggestion is STM32 Primer 2 device[1]..

I just ordered one and am waiting for it coming, in the meanwhile, I'd like to know if any body had been successfully run eLua on it?

Best Regards,
Austin

[1] http://www.stm32circle.com/resources/stm32primer2.php

Ross Berteig Ross Berteig

Re: elua on STM32 Primer 2

On 5/15/2009, Xu Wang wrote:
 >I remember there were discussions several weeks ago about stamp
 >equipment for eLua, and one of the suggestion is STM32 Primer 2
 >device[1]....

I have both a Primer and a Primer 2 I ordered in part to answer
this very question. The Primer 2 looks like the better target
just because it has more RAM as well as the SD card socket. I
haven't had the chance to do anything with it yet, and will be
interested to know about any quirks or patches to the eLua source
base that might matter.

I will report in if and when I get a build that works, but don't
advise that anyone hold their breath in anticipation ;-)

Ross Berteig                               [hidden email]
Cheshire Engineering Corp.           http://www.CheshireEng.com/

Re: elua on STM32 Primer 2

On May 15, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Ross Berteig wrote:

> On 5/15/2009, Xu Wang wrote:
>> I remember there were discussions several weeks ago about stamp
>> equipment for eLua, and one of the suggestion is STM32 Primer 2
>> device[1]....
>
> I have both a Primer and a Primer 2 I ordered in part to answer
> this very question. The Primer 2 looks like the better target
> just because it has more RAM as well as the SD card socket. I
> haven't had the chance to do anything with it yet, and will be
> interested to know about any quirks or patches to the eLua source
> base that might matter.
>
> I will report in if and when I get a build that works, but don't
> advise that anyone hold their breath in anticipation ;-)
I'm pretty sure it should require only minimal changes if any to get
it basically running, since the Primer2 sports a STM32F103VET6, which
shouldn't be much different from the STM32F103RET6 that works on the
ET-STM32 stamp.  I've not dug through the data sheet deeply, but it
looks like the main difference is the flexible static memory
controller (FSMC) is present for the VE?

The LCD and other various peripherals would, presumably, require some
work to support.  I'm guessing that ST provides some drivers for these
devices, though.

Have fun with them :-)

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386