eLua windows AVR32 disillusionment

Davidgrm Davidgrm

eLua windows AVR32 disillusionment

After much struggling trying to get eLua to compile with the Windows AVR32 Ide  I have decided to throw in the towel with eLua. Unfortunately the KISS motto on the Elua homepage does not seem to apply to windows users and appears only to be relevant if you are compiling under Linux :(
Thanks to those who have provided me with assistance in the past

Re: eLua windows AVR32 disillusionment

Sorry to hear this. I realize this isn't much of a comfort, but note that at this point compiling eLua for AVR32 under Linux is equally difficult (read: impossible), for a very simple reason: Atmel updated their toolchains (and introduced some incompatibilities with their old ones in the process), and eLua was not updated to support the new toolchain. Right now, the only place (I know of) where eLua compiles for AVR32 is on a VirtualBox Ubuntu image that has an older Atmel toolchain installed. If you try to compile eLua for AVR32 under Linux using the latest Atmel toolchain, you'll be equally disappointed. We will update the AVR32 port at some point, and this problem will be gone.
Other that that, there's really not much of a difference between compiling eLua in Linux or Windows. The build system is exactly the same.
In any case, good luck in your porting efforts! And let us know if you need any help.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Davidgrm <[hidden email]> wrote:

After much struggling trying to get eLua to compile with the Windows AVR32
Ide  I have decided to throw in the towel with eLua and do my own port of
Lua to this environment. Unfortunately the KISS motto on the Elua homepage