eLua on a Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6

Justin Drake Justin Drake

eLua on a Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6

I have only just started looking at eLua. I have noticed that the
board I am working on (Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6) is not explicitly
supported. I cannot change to another chip, but I am ready to spend
some time porting to it.

What would be my best approach to get Lua working on this specific
chip? Could one of the existing ports work on my chip?

Any advice would be appreciated,
Justin

Re: eLua on a Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Justin Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have only just started looking at eLua. I have noticed that the
> board I am working on (Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6) is not explicitly
> supported. I cannot change to another chip, but I am ready to spend
> some time porting to it.
>
> What would be my best approach to get Lua working on this specific
> chip? Could one of the existing ports work on my chip?

Yes, there is a port that was started along side the STM32F4 port by Zhanjun:
http://dd.homeunix.com/home/space.php?uid=1&do=blog&id=90

I've been tending to the STM32F4 side of things in a branch that's not
yet merged, however the STM32F2 port probably needs a little work
right now due to some API changes related to timers.  I can do the
nominal changes there to fix the basics, but I don't have an F2 part
to test on.

The branch is located here:
https://github.com/jsnyder/elua/tree/bikeNomad-master

I'll will try and get that port back to compiling state so that any
modifications you might need to make could be less related to eLua
core changes.

If you can help with validating this port a bit, then we could get the
F2 & F4 ports merged into the master repo, which would would knock
down something that's been on my todo list for a while now :-)

Best.

> Any advice would be appreciated,
> Justin

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Justin Drake <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have only just started looking at eLua. I have noticed that the
>> board I am working on (Cortex M3 STM32F217IGH6) is not explicitly
>> supported. I cannot change to another chip, but I am ready to spend
>> some time porting to it.
>>
>> What would be my best approach to get Lua working on this specific
>> chip? Could one of the existing ports work on my chip?
>
> Yes, there is a port that was started along side the STM32F4 port by Zhanjun:
> http://dd.homeunix.com/home/space.php?uid=1&do=blog&id=90
>
> I've been tending to the STM32F4 side of things in a branch that's not
> yet merged, however the STM32F2 port probably needs a little work
> right now due to some API changes related to timers.  I can do the
> nominal changes there to fix the basics, but I don't have an F2 part
> to test on.
>
> The branch is located here:
> https://github.com/jsnyder/elua/tree/bikeNomad-master
>
> I'll will try and get that port back to compiling state so that any
> modifications you might need to make could be less related to eLua
> core changes.

It should now at least compile.  I think I've applied the relevant
changes from the F4 port to build for F2.  Your part number differs
from the one that this is explicitly building for
(board=STM3220G-EVAL), but I suspect the adjustments won't be too bad
to get this going.

> If you can help with validating this port a bit, then we could get the
> F2 & F4 ports merged into the master repo, which would would knock
> down something that's been on my todo list for a while now :-)
>
> Best.
>

>> Any advice would be appreciated,
>> Justin
>

> --