eLua on AVR32

Chris de Villiers Chris de Villiers

eLua on AVR32

Hi all

I am new to eLua.  I want to try the precompiled binary on my
ATEVK1100 board.  I followed the instructions on
http://www.eluaproject.net/en_installing_avr32.html and the hex file
is programmed fine.  The problem is I don't get the eLua shell prompt
after reset.  I have tried UART0 and UART1 as physical connection but
I get nothing at 115200 8N1.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
--
chris de villiers

Re: eLua on AVR32

Hello all,
   Welcome to the list and to eLua Chris.
   You have (at least) two options if you don't need the eLua shell:

1) You can have a Lua program of yours running automatically upon reset/power-on.
2) You can have eLua waking up directly in the Lua interpreter prompt.

For 1 you just need to rename your program (or the main script of a multifile app) to "autorun.lua" and leave it together on the regular ROMFS. eLua will look for a file with this name upon reset and load the Lua interpreter and make it execute your program.

For 2 you just need to unselect the comment the #define BUILD_SHELL on the platform_conf.c file of your platform/target. Without the shell, eLua wakes up directly in the Lua interpreter prompt.