eLua network stack

gduarte gduarte

Re: eLua network stack

Merge with the eLua's main repository, integrate your modifications.
If dont, you could at least show how did you compile lwIP with eLua, since it could make
our job to port lwIP to eLua easier.

Maybe we may not use your code, but use your concepts to integrate the code and create a better
net module to eLua... Would you like to help on this?

Cheers!

2013/5/2 Lukas Kacer <[hidden email]>
Hi Gabriel.
I don't fully understand what you meant by "merge", so here is my plan.
I plan to put my work to git at 15th May or maybe before. (that is my deadline for thesis. )

Based on that work should be anybody able to use lwIP with existing eLua "Ethernet driver" for other platforms with small changes. but I think that my solution isn't best and can be improved.

I don't use lwIP to do network communication from lua script as it was with uIP and lua net module.
I use lwIP raw API and matrixSSL library to make simple HTTPS server. that server can run lua scripts in which you can theoretically receive and send as manny data as you want.

I have some plans with making some network module for eLua that will use lwIP, but don't know when and it will probably not be close future.
or maybe I will try do something based on existing eLua net using lwIP and matrixSSL.
Lukas

On May 2, 2013, at 19:16 PM, Gabriel Duarte wrote:

Lukas,
do you plan to merge your lwIP port to eLua?

Cheers!

2013/4/27 Lukas Kacer <[hidden email]>
Hi.
I'm looking at elua_uip_mainloop in elua_net.c  function for a while and don't understand one thing.
Why is almost at the end the for loop that calls uip_periodic executed also when periodic_timer < UIP_PERIODIC_TIMER_MS ?

uIP documentation says about uip_periodic: "should be called when the periodic uIP timer goes off"

so if I'm not missing something, it is ineffective to do that for loop after every received packet. But still it is not wrong.

can it be that this is affecting the bad behavior with more opened sockets and executing that for loop
just if periodic_timer >= UIP_PERIODIC_TIMER_MS would partially speed up things.

Can someone look at it if I'm right?

Lukas

Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185
Rio de Janeiro / RJ
http://genericdev.wordpress.com/

Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185
Rio de Janeiro / RJ
http://genericdev.wordpress.com/

Lukas Kacer Lukas Kacer

Re: eLua network stack

yes, I would like to help. I would like to see as much from my work in the project as possible.
but I have a lot of work to do till 15th May.

Merge with eLua main repository should probably be done just after it will be tested on few others platforms.
And it should be merged with more skilled person. someone who knows what he is doing, not just thinks and hopes for the best, like I do :)

gduarte gduarte

gduarte gduarte

gduarte gduarte