eLua + eCos

Tom Schouten Tom Schouten

eLua + eCos

Hi folks,

Is there any concerted effort to integrate eLua with eCos?
If not, did anyone try? Is it a big deal to get it running?

Cheers,
Tom

Re: eLua + eCos

Hi,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Tom Schouten <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Is there any concerted effort to integrate eLua with eCos?

Not that I'm aware of.

If not, did anyone try? Is it a big deal to get it running?

I never worked with eCos, so I can't answer that. One problem is that eLua is a system controller, managing all the resources (peripherals, interrupts,  memory) itself. This might be a problem when integrating with an OS.

Lwazi Dub Lwazi Dub

Re: eLua + eCos

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Tom Schouten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any concerted effort to integrate eLua with eCos?
> If not, did anyone try? Is it a big deal to get it running?

If you are trying to run lua on eCos, it (lua) has already been ported
- I would use that. But if you are trying to use eLua + eCos then I
would suggest building an eCos kernel library and then build eLua as
an eCos application. I run eCos on all my hardware and I was thinking
of doing this but I have decided to look for a BSD licensed kernel
first - just to keep the GPL out of eLua.

Lwazi