eLua demos

Hi,

I feel like this topic didn't get as much attention as it should be.
So, for all the people interested in eLua, I compiled a list
eLua-related media. Please feel free to add to this list:

eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
eLua Anubisway
First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc

I will add this list to the project page too. I know it's already
(partially) in the wiki, but I feel it gets more visibility in the
project page itself.

Re: eLua demos

Sorry, the previous message got sent by mistake before I finished it.
See the full list below:

eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua
:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
eLua Anubisway
    First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
    Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcIIrxZ4BI
    Another demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIP1FdYoGvY
    Demo with Dao : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dojuUDQ1c
Games:
    Spaceship : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtokEt3-ZII
    Pong : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlW0_CjSIw
    Tetrives : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8HEjA6k7U
    Snake : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d9dcU4hu1U
eLua logo and LED examples : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZy6QyuyxU
eLua based programmable LED display :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63d34uMN_I

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Bogdan Marinescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I feel like this topic didn't get as much attention as it should be.
> So, for all the people interested in eLua, I compiled a list
> eLua-related media. Please feel free to add to this list:
>
> eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
> Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua :
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
> eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
> eLua Anubisway
> First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>

> I will add this list to the project page too. I know it's already
> (partially) in the wiki, but I feel it gets more visibility in the
> project page itself.

Re: eLua demos

Hello list,
   Yes, this is a never-ending work that we're trying to organize on the wiki and on a YouTube channel but we had an issue with their weird account policies (tying the account to our personal GMail accounts).
   There are nice VFD videos too, as well as some eLua SimPit flights, Stewart Platform and a few others.
   Thanks for bringing this to the front again.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel like this topic didn't get as much attention as it should be.
> So, for all the people interested in eLua, I compiled a list
> eLua-related media. Please feel free to add to this list:
>
> eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
> Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua :
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
> eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
> eLua Anubisway
> First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>

> I will add this list to the project page too. I know it's already
> (partially) in the wiki, but I feel it gets more visibility in the
> project page itself.

Re: eLua demos

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list,
>    Yes, this is a never-ending work that we're trying to organize on the
> wiki and on a YouTube channel but we had an issue with their weird account
> policies (tying the account to our personal GMail accounts).
>    There are nice VFD videos too, as well as some eLua SimPit flights,
> Stewart Platform and a few others.
>    Thanks for bringing this to the front again.

I remember the VFD videos, where exactly are they ?

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:42, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, the previous message got sent by mistake before I finished it.
>> See the full list below:
>>
>> eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
>> Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua
>> :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
>> eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
>> eLua Anubisway
>>    First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>>    Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcIIrxZ4BI
>>    Another demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIP1FdYoGvY
>>    Demo with Dao : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dojuUDQ1c
>> Games:
>>    Spaceship : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtokEt3-ZII
>>    Pong : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlW0_CjSIw
>>    Tetrives : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8HEjA6k7U
>>    Snake : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d9dcU4hu1U
>> eLua logo and LED examples : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZy6QyuyxU
>> eLua based programmable LED display :
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63d34uMN_I
>>
>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Bogdan Marinescu
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I feel like this topic didn't get as much attention as it should be.
>> > So, for all the people interested in eLua, I compiled a list
>> > eLua-related media. Please feel free to add to this list:
>> >
>> > eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
>> > Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua :
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
>> > eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
>> > eLua Anubisway
>> > First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>> >

>> > I will add this list to the project page too. I know it's already
>> > (partially) in the wiki, but I feel it gets more visibility in the
>> > project page itself.

Re: eLua demos

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:38, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello list,
>    Yes, this is a never-ending work that we're trying to organize on the
> wiki and on a YouTube channel but we had an issue with their weird account
> policies (tying the account to our personal GMail accounts).
>    There are nice VFD videos too, as well as some eLua SimPit flights,
> Stewart Platform and a few others.
>    Thanks for bringing this to the front again.

I remember the VFD videos, where exactly are they ?

Not yet posted, because we had the issue with the YouTube "eluavideos" account.
Maybe we'll have to lose this name :( and create a brand new account there ?
If yes, I suggest "eluaprojectvideos".
We can also consider other video hosting options and keep the name there.

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:42, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, the previous message got sent by mistake before I finished it.
>> See the full list below:
>>
>> eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
>> Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua
>> :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
>> eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
>> eLua Anubisway
>>    First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>>    Demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRcIIrxZ4BI
>>    Another demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIP1FdYoGvY
>>    Demo with Dao : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dojuUDQ1c
>> Games:
>>    Spaceship : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtokEt3-ZII
>>    Pong : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlW0_CjSIw
>>    Tetrives : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y8HEjA6k7U
>>    Snake : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d9dcU4hu1U
>> eLua logo and LED examples : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MZy6QyuyxU
>> eLua based programmable LED display :
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63d34uMN_I
>>
>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Bogdan Marinescu
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I feel like this topic didn't get as much attention as it should be.
>> > So, for all the people interested in eLua, I compiled a list
>> > eLua-related media. Please feel free to add to this list:
>> >
>> > eLua on FLOSS Weekly 116 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV87Mc-BVx0
>> > Testing CAN support and LuaRPC with eLua :
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AdSavanq20
>> > eLua on LM3S6965 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_aXsutL4rQ
>> > eLua Anubisway
>> > First Climb : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9qRdDGtroc
>> >

>> > I will add this list to the project page too. I know it's already
>> > (partially) in the wiki, but I feel it gets more visibility in the
>> > project page itself.

Re: eLua demos

> Not yet posted, because we had the issue with the YouTube "eluavideos"
> account.
> Maybe we'll have to lose this name :( and create a brand new account there ?
> If yes, I suggest "eluaprojectvideos".
> We can also consider other video hosting options and keep the name there.

Even so, if someone makes an eLua project and uploads a video, it's
kind of hard (and unfair) on our side to instruct him to always upload
on the "eluaprojectvideos" account on YouTube. Also, re-uploading
might not be acceptable. So I suggest we just upload anywhere we can
and keep the "media" page up to date.

>> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:42, Bogdan Marinescu
>> > <[hidden email]>

Re: eLua demos

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:49, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not yet posted, because we had the issue with the YouTube "eluavideos"
> account.
> Maybe we'll have to lose this name :( and create a brand new account there ?
> If yes, I suggest "eluaprojectvideos".
> We can also consider other video hosting options and keep the name there.

Even so, if someone makes an eLua project and uploads a video, it's
kind of hard (and unfair) on our side to instruct him to always upload
on the "eluaprojectvideos" account on YouTube.

Sure.
Users must be free to add project entries to the eLua User Labs with links to wherever they host their contents (including the wiki itself).

Also, re-uploading
might not be acceptable.

It is acceptable AFAIK.

So I suggest we just upload anywhere we can
and keep the "media" page up to date.

Then, we won't have an "official" video account on YouTube or anywhere else right ?
I don't see any problem with this. In fact, it make everything more flexible and one less "main" site to maintain.

In this case we can even continue to use "eluavideos" on YT, which was stupidly linked to my GMail account but I can use it normally.

>> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 09:42, Bogdan Marinescu
>> > <[hidden email]>

Re: eLua demos

>> > Not yet posted, because we had the issue with the YouTube "eluavideos"
>> > account.
>> > Maybe we'll have to lose this name :( and create a brand new account
>> > there ?
>> > If yes, I suggest "eluaprojectvideos".
>> > We can also consider other video hosting options and keep the name
>> > there.
>>
>> Even so, if someone makes an eLua project and uploads a video, it's
>> kind of hard (and unfair) on our side to instruct him to always upload
>> on the "eluaprojectvideos" account on YouTube.
>
> Sure.
> Users must be free to add project entries to the eLua User Labs with links
> to wherever they host their contents (including the wiki itself).
>
>> Also, re-uploading
>> might not be acceptable.
>
> It is acceptable AFAIK.

It depends on the situation. An user might now like the idea that his
video was just re-uploaded on another account, as if it is owned by
that account. Of course we could sak for permission, but why bother?

> Then, we won't have an "official" video account on YouTube or anywhere else
> right ?

Exactly.

> In this case we can even continue to use "eluavideos" on YT, which was
> stupidly linked to my GMail account but I can use it normally.

Exactly, part II :) I uploaded the Moonlight video on my personal
account, for example.

Re: eLua demos

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 12:05, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Not yet posted, because we had the issue with the YouTube "eluavideos"
>> > account.
>> > Maybe we'll have to lose this name :( and create a brand new account
>> > there ?
>> > If yes, I suggest "eluaprojectvideos".
>> > We can also consider other video hosting options and keep the name
>> > there.
>>
>> Even so, if someone makes an eLua project and uploads a video, it's
>> kind of hard (and unfair) on our side to instruct him to always upload
>> on the "eluaprojectvideos" account on YouTube.
>
> Sure.
> Users must be free to add project entries to the eLua User Labs with links
> to wherever they host their contents (including the wiki itself).
>
>> Also, re-uploading
>> might not be acceptable.
>
> It is acceptable AFAIK.

It depends on the situation. An user might now like the idea that his
video was just re-uploaded on another account, as if it is owned by
that account. Of course we could sak for permission, but why bother?

OK, I see your point.
The only advantage or having videos concentrated on one YT (or other host) account would be for users who get there from a link to one video and discover some more of the same subject. But this is what you're trying to maintain on the (new) media page if I understood.

> Then, we won't have an "official" video account on YouTube or anywhere else
> right ?

Exactly.

Ok.

> In this case we can even continue to use "eluavideos" on YT, which was
> stupidly linked to my GMail account but I can use it normally.

..... including uploading eLua videos, like the VFD ones for example.

Exactly, part II :) I uploaded the Moonlight video on my personal
account, for example.

Cool.
After all, you're an eLua user too ! :)
By the way, to honor this status, you could also create a Moonlight page on the User Labs one of these days :)

Re: eLua demos

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Sure.
>> > Users must be free to add project entries to the eLua User Labs with
>> > links
>> > to wherever they host their contents (including the wiki itself).

>> > It is acceptable AFAIK.
>>
>> It depends on the situation. An user might now like the idea that his
>> video was just re-uploaded on another account, as if it is owned by
>> that account. Of course we could sak for permission, but why bother?
>
> OK, I see your point.
> The only advantage or having videos concentrated on one YT (or other host)
> account would be for users who get there from a link to one video and
> discover some more of the same subject. But this is what you're trying to
> maintain on the (new) media page if I understood.
>

>> > Then, we won't have an "official" video account on YouTube or anywhere
>> > else
>> > right ?
>>
>> Exactly.
>
> Ok.
>

>> > In this case we can even continue to use "eluavideos" on YT, which was
>> > stupidly linked to my GMail account but I can use it normally.

Thinking about this, I don't think we should worry about getting all
of these under one particular YouTube account.  We might want to
aggregate them, say based on a common tag like "eluaproject" or
something similar, so that people can find videos about it, but given
the way these accounts work, it might be better just to allow people
to upload with whatever account and then link them in the wiki.
Perhaps Dado or someone else can have a curated list of videos that
only go on a main account, but we shouldn't stop putting stuff up just
because of this account issue.

Feel free to also use things like:
http://blip.tv/

That service is nice because you can set up distribution through other
various other sites from a single upload:
http://blip.tv/faq/#distribution

(Sorry, been a bit busy lately, going to SC10 next week to do a
tutorial on Python in HPC)

> ..... including uploading eLua videos, like the VFD ones for example.
>

>> Exactly, part II :) I uploaded the Moonlight video on my personal
>> account, for example.
>
> Cool.
> After all, you're an eLua user too ! :)
> By the way, to honor this status, you could also create a Moonlight page on
> the User Labs one of these days :)
>

>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386
Bittencourt Bittencourt

Re: eLua demos

Salutations,

There is a youtube feature called "playlist" where you can add videos from any channels and even embedd the videos on the same "gadget".
There is one I created here:

http://www.giga.puc-rio.br/site/pessoais/pedro/ants (by the end of page under the session "videos insteressantes")

--Pedro Bittencourt

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 18:22, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thinking about this, I don't think we should worry about getting all
of these under one particular YouTube account.  We might want to
aggregate them, say based on a common tag like "eluaproject" or
something similar, so that people can find videos about it, but given
the way these accounts work, it might be better just to allow people
to upload with whatever account and then link them in the wiki.
Perhaps Dado or someone else can have a curated list of videos that
only go on a main account, but we shouldn't stop putting stuff up just
because of this account issue.

Yes, this is what the discussions on this thread have shown to be the best option so far.

Feel free to also use things like:
http://blip.tv/
That service is nice because you can set up distribution through other
various other sites from a single upload:
http://blip.tv/faq/#distribution

Tks!

(Sorry, been a bit busy lately, going to SC10 next week to do a
tutorial on Python in HPC)

Good luck with your presentation!
Find some time to show a bit of Lua in between :)