eLua and ADC on Atmel EVK 1101 -- which pins?

Jerry Reed Jerry Reed

eLua and ADC on Atmel EVK 1101 -- which pins?

Hi:

Don't know if this is the most appropriate forum, but I'm trying to use eLua with an Atmel EVK 1101 board.  I got eLua programmed in and running, and I've run the adc demo from here:

http://wiki.eluaproject.net/ADCPoll

Program works perfectly for reading the built-in peripherals -- the light and temp sensors, for instance.  But I'd like to use a version of the demo with an external voltage source.  It seems as if three ADC channels should be free (8 all together, -3 for accelerometer, -1 for light and -1 for temp) but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what pins I would use on the board for an external connection.

I have googled in vain here.  I looked at the schematic, but while it identifies pins used for these on-board peripherals, I can't find any info there about how the other channels might be pinned out.

Anyone on this list have any suggestions?

Jerry

--
Interested in bats?  Check out my blog at: http://www.karaokebats.com/

Martin Guy Martin Guy

Re: eLua and ADC on Atmel EVK 1101 -- which pins?

On 20/09/2013, Jerry Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to use eLua with an Atmel EVK 1101 board.
> I'd like to use a version of the demo
> with an external voltage source.  It seems as if three ADC channels should
> be free (8 all together, -3 for accelerometer, -1 for light and -1 for
> temp) but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what pins I would use on
> the board for an external connection.

Hi
  The AVR32UC3A chip's pins are all configurable to one of three
functions, so the same pin might be an SDRAM data pin or an ADC or
part of the ethernet, depending on the chip config - so you'd need to
find out which pins are configured as ADC outputs, then follow PA26 or
PB16 or PX37 or whatever to see if it appears on any of the
connectors.

   The pin assignment is the same as in the Mizar32 port, so you will
find all the pin assignments in the Mizar32 documentation at page
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mizar32/GPIO
or specifically the ADC pins used at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Mizar32/ADC

Jerry Reed Jerry Reed

Re: eLua and ADC on Atmel EVK 1101 -- which pins?

Thanks so much.  I could see from the schematic that the pins were overloaded functionally, but I couldn't figure out which ones actually were in a mode where they would represent ADC and not alternative functionality.

Jerry