eLUA with IAR

Kai Kai

eLUA with IAR

Hi everybody,

we want to use the eLUA in a future project using
an NXP LPC1850 Cortex-M3 controller.

The LPC1850 is similar to the LPC1768.
There is already a port for the LPC1768
which mentionend on the eLUA Projekt page and I found
the drivers for LPC1768 in the source code.

My problem is, that we are using the IAR Embedded Workbench
as a toolchain and I cannot find any example on how to
compile eLUA with IAR.

Have anybody managed to compile eLUA with the Embedded
Workbench?

Thanks for any reply in advantage.

Kai

bytefire bytefire

Re: eLUA with IAR

Best way would be to start compiling and fixing errors and warnings that come up.

Although not the same, I did the same when compiling standard lua for CM4 using Keil.

On 13 Jan 2016, at 09:02, "Kai [via eLua Development]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everybody,

we want to use the eLUA in a future project using
an NXP LPC1850 Cortex-M3 controller.

The LPC1850 is similar to the LPC1768.
There is already a port for the LPC1768
which mentionend on the eLUA Projekt page and I found
the drivers for LPC1768 in the source code.

My problem is, that we are using the IAR Embedded Workbench
as a toolchain and I cannot find any example on how to
compile eLUA with IAR.

Have anybody managed to compile eLUA with the Embedded
Workbench?

Thanks for any reply in advantage.

Kai

http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/eLUA-with-IAR-tp7578563.html
To start a new topic under eLua Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eLua Development, click here.
NAML
Kai Kai

Re: eLUA with IAR

Hi Bytefire,

thanks for your reply. If have already loaded the eLUA files into
an IAR workspace and tried to compile the code.

Many errors come from include files that could not be found.
These are linux system include files like <reent.h>, <sys/types.h>, #include <unistd.h>  etc.
How do I deal with that?

Furthermore I think that there some conflicts with CMSIS drivers included
in the eLUA source code and the IAR drivers for the chip.
So I get double definitions:

Example:
core_cm3.h in the eLUA project has this prototype

extern uint32_t __REV16(uint16_t value);

core_m3.h also includes the IAR header <intrinsics.h> with this code

#if defined (__ICCARM____ICCARM__)
  #include <intrinsics.h>                     /* IAR Intrinsics   */
#endif

but <intrinsics.h> has this definition

__ATTRIBUTES unsigned long __REV16( unsigned long );

so I get an incompatible defintion error.

Currently these are the main errors during compile time.

I anyone has an idea I would be very grateful.

Kai Kai

Re: eLUA with IAR

Just a short feedback for anyone reading this thread.

I canceled my tries to port eLUA to our LPC1850 Cortex-M3 controller.

I will now use "Picol". A small Tcl Interpreter in one simple file.
The interpreter can be easily expanded with new commands.

I found the source code here:

http://wiki.tcl.tk/17893

As I´m pretty familar with Tcl this seems to be a better solution for me.

Nevertheless many thanks to everyone