dlmalloc version isn't current on eLua

King, Mike King, Mike

dlmalloc version isn't current on eLua

Just in case the developers are not aware, the version of dlmalloc that's used by eLua is not current.  Will eLua uses the newer version?  I don't know if it will offer any benefit to eLua.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S. location it may also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export Administration Regulations and, if so, cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this e-mail message and/or any file attachment(s).

Re: dlmalloc version isn't current on eLua

We actually have two dlmalloc versions on eLua:

1. the one in Newlib (don't know which one it is, as it depends on the Newlib version). This is the default, and we keep it the default because it is smaller than 2 below.
2. another one in src/dlmalloc.c, which is more recent than what I've found in the different Newlibs eLua uses (don't know if it's the latest one though) and it is used by default on boards with multiple RAM zones (for example on-chip RAM + external RAM). It can be forced with "allocator=multiple" in the scons command line.

I'll check if 2 above is the latest dlmalloc version, thanks for letting us know about this. I doubt it would make any significant difference, but one never knows for sure until one tries :)