disp.stringdraw

Hello there,
   Has anyone tested successfully the disp.stringdraw(......) function for
the RIT display ?
   Are you really getting the right image and where it should be ?
   From here it seems that RIT128x96x4ImageDraw(.....) is not working
properly in rit128x96x4.c (trunk version).
   My target is an EK-LM3S8962 kit.

   Please note that this is not a code-break report. I haven't checked this
function when I first commited the disp module because I took for granted
the LM device-driver code.

Thanks!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

disp.stringdraw

Is your pong.lua working as usual?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>    Has anyone tested successfully the disp.stringdraw(......) function for
> the RIT display ?
>    Are you really getting the right image and where it should be ?
>    From here it seems that RIT128x96x4ImageDraw(.....) is not working
> properly in rit128x96x4.c (trunk version).
>    My target is an EK-LM3S8962 kit.
>
>    Please note that this is not a code-break report. I haven't checked this
> function when I first commited the disp module because I took for granted
> the LM device-driver code.
>
> Thanks!
> Best
> Dado

disp.stringdraw

The actual problematic function is not disp.stringdraw() but
disp.imagedraw(), sorry for that.

Yes, pong was tested and reported.
It is working fine, although it is clearly slower after the last changes and
we haven't checked why. Hopefully it responds to user buttons to speed up
and down.
Pong does not use disp.imagedraw.

We found an example on the LM CD that shows a splash screen for a game but
the image comes from another format (modified BMP) and they display them
line by line.

Has anyone tested successfully the disp.imagedraw(.....) function ?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 16:43, Bogdan Marinescu
<bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is your pong.lua working as usual?
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >    Has anyone tested successfully the disp.stringdraw(......) function
> for
> > the RIT display ?
> >    Are you really getting the right image and where it should be ?
> >    From here it seems that RIT128x96x4ImageDraw(.....) is not working
> > properly in rit128x96x4.c (trunk version).
> >    My target is an EK-LM3S8962 kit.
> >
> >    Please note that this is not a code-break report. I haven't checked
> this
> > function when I first commited the disp module because I took for granted
> > the LM device-driver code.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Best
> > Dado

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

disp.stringdraw

Sorry to bother you for this but now I have a final report :)
disp.imagedraw() is working OK, at least on LM3S8962.

Our problem was a wrong setting of the SPI clock (also used by disp.init).