current status of STM32F4DISCOVERY port, full screen editor and LCD connectivity

Ra Do Ra Do

current status of STM32F4DISCOVERY port, full screen editor and LCD connectivity

Hello all,

I am checking in after a couple months or so and was curious if anything changed regarding eLua STM32F4DISCOVERY support in the meantime.

#1 I'd like to build eLua with the latest possible eLua version for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board. Do I still need to get my source from the bikeNomad branch or can I go straight to the Master ?

#2 Was there any progress on a built-in full screen editor for eLua ? Something that would let me edit .lua programs directly on the board. If not, does anyone have a working solution on how to accomplish this ?

#3 Does anyone have a working LCD display connectivity solution for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board ? (external, bigger size display)

thank you!
Rado

Re: current status of STM32F4DISCOVERY port, full screen editor and LCD connectivity

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM, ra.do <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am checking in after a couple months or so and was curious if anything changed regarding eLua STM32F4DISCOVERY support in the meantime.
>
> #1 I'd like to build eLua with the latest possible eLua version for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board. Do I still need to get my source from the bikeNomad branch or can I go straight to the Master ?

It's still on the branch.  I'll try and merge it in the coming week or
so if possible with or without the stm32f2 code for now which may end
up living on a branch if I can't find a tester.

I'll make an announcement to that effect when it gets merged.  I'll
also bring that branch up to date with the main master, though I don't
think there are elements that will have too many visible effects on
that branch.

> #2 Was there any progress on a built-in full screen editor for eLua ? Something that would let me edit .lua programs directly on the board. If not, does anyone have a working solution on how to accomplish this ?

There is a lua version of ed that Martin wrote, that you may have been
in on the discussion of before (can't recall), if that discussion was
on list that should kind of relate the state of things which hasn't
changed dramatically in the last month or so.  I believe Bogdan also
may have an editor in his eluabrain (http://eluabrain.blogspot.com/),
though I'm not sure if that's available in public/downloadable form.

> #3 Does anyone have a working LCD display connectivity solution for the STM32F4DISCOVERY board ? (external, bigger size display)

Which type of LCD?  Are you meaning a character display or a general
purpose graphical one?  There's code floating around for various
platforms to support displays of a few types, but I'm not completely
sure how platform independent it is (probably pretty easy to port if
its SPI or similar and not yet generic).