accessing file in the USB flash drive

arunkd13 arunkd13

accessing file in the USB flash drive

Hi All,

I have loaded the official eLua release 0.9 on the mbed board and trying to run some example programs.

I copied a file called hello.lua from the my Ubuntu PC to the mbed board through the USB drive. I made sure to eject the USB drive properly and then reboot the mbed board. After this, I go to the eLua# prompt and type 'lua hello.lua' and get the error

Unable to open 'hello.lua'

'cat hello.lua' also gives the same error. So does 'cat mbed.htm'.

I also tried the same test by building an image from the tip of the source tree at github. I still get the same error.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
arun

Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

Re: accessing file in the USB flash drive

We don't have relative paths on eLua, so files are always referenced by their whole path.
That would be /semi/hello.lua if you put the file in the mbed USB drive or /rom/hello.lua for a file in romfs (i.e. compiled into the flash image).

--
Thiago

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you try an ls to see that is sees the file. The files should be on /semifs i.e.: lua /semifs/hello.lua

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: <a href="tel:%28847%29%20448-0386" value="+18474480386" target="_blank">(847) 448-0386

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Arunkumar Dhananjayan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I have loaded the official eLua release 0.9 on the mbed board and trying to run some example programs.

I copied a file called hello.lua from the my Ubuntu PC to the mbed board through the USB drive. I made sure to eject the USB drive properly and then reboot the mbed board. After this, I go to the eLua# prompt and type 'lua hello.lua' and get the error

Unable to open 'hello.lua'

'cat hello.lua' also gives the same error. So does 'cat mbed.htm'.

I also tried the same test by building an image from the tip of the source tree at github. I still get the same error.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,
arun

arunkd13 arunkd13

Re: accessing file in the USB flash drive

Thanks guys.

My mistake. I didn't realise that the files were in /semi/ subdirectory. The mbed page in the WIki made it clear: http://wiki.eluaproject.net/mbedLPC1768

regards,
arun

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ph: <a href="tel:%28847%29%20448-0386" value="+918474480386" target="_blank">(847) 448-0386