Virtual Timers & tmr channels

Hello guys,
   The tmr (Timer) module, recently introduced "virtual timers" and one of
the benefits is that it frees more phisical/actual timer chanels for other
uses.
   I wrote a still-simply-and-not-tested cnt (Counter) module, to count
external events.
   I?d like to know if the tmr modules makes exclusive use of any timer
channel, if there are channels that are now "always-free" and also if even
the timer channel used as a master tick for the virtual timers can be used
as a counter if the tmr module is not used.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Virtual Timers & tmr channels

> Hello guys,
>    The tmr (Timer) module, recently introduced "virtual timers" and one of
> the benefits is that it frees more phisical/actual timer chanels for other
> uses.
>    I wrote a still-simply-and-not-tested cnt (Counter) module, to count
> external events.
>    I?d like to know if the tmr modules makes exclusive use of any timer
> channel, if there are channels that are now "always-free" and also if even
> the timer channel used as a master tick for the virtual timers can be used
> as a counter if the tmr module is not used.

Yes, the tmr module makes exclusive use of one timer channel to implement
virtual timers. You shouldn't play too much with it (in fact it shouldn't be
available to the rest of the system at all, but this isn't implemented yet),
but as long as you only do "read-only operations" (like checking the timer
value), you should be fine.