USB support on eLua

Tom Freund Tom Freund

USB support on eLua

Looking for info, links on USB stacks (Host, OTG, Device) under eLua.

Anyone aware of any ?

--
Tom Freund

Digysol

"Software and hardware
enabling
collective intelligence
looking after
infrastructure"

Martin Guy Martin Guy

Re: USB support on eLua

On 16 February 2012 23:53, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looking for info, links on USB stacks (Host, OTG, Device) under eLua.
>
> Anyone aware of any ?

A USB-CDC device interface was recently committed to trunk to provide
a USB serial port in addition to the physical and virtual ones. The
API is that is just presents another serial device ID in the existing
API (or will be when I get round to giving it a name).

Unfortunately the code came from the AVR32 SDK and, though it seems to
work, Atmel's license says it can only be used "in connection with
Atmel products" so probably can't legally be generalized to work on
other chips. :( Unless it can be shown that they lifted it from
elsewhere, of course...

Re: USB support on eLua

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Looking for info, links on USB stacks (Host, OTG, Device) under eLua.
>
> Anyone aware of any ?

Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
mainly on USB-CDC until now.

> --
> Tom Freund
>
> Digysol
>
> "Software and hardware
> enabling
> collective intelligence
> looking after
> infrastructure"
>
> Voice - 860-232-1614
> Skype ID - digysol
> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

Ivan - Omnima Ivan - Omnima

Re: USB support on eLua

Hi,

We are planning to integrate STM32 support for eLua RPC over USB mass
storage and USB-CDC for serial comms.

The STM USB framework is working ok on our hardware but the integration
with eLua is taking a bit longer to complete
mainly due to some issues with Scons vs the lua build.

The STM USB framework (once integrated with eLua) will be copied and
appear alongside the standard framework directory. There aren't to many
changes required to make it work.

Regards,
Ivan

Omnima Limited
Ivan Ignjatic
176 Kennington Road
Oxford OX1 5PG

Tel. 0845 8692601
Fax. 01865 326421

Web: www.omnima.co.uk
Skype: omnimaautomation

On 17/02/2012 15:08, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Tom Freund<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Looking for info, links on USB stacks (Host, OTG, Device) under eLua.
>>
>> Anyone aware of any ?
> Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
> implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
> mainly on USB-CDC until now.
>
> Best,
> Bogdan
>
>> --
>> Tom Freund
>>
>> Digysol
>>
>> "Software and hardware
>> enabling
>> collective intelligence
>> looking after
>> infrastructure"
>>
>> Voice - 860-232-1614
>> Skype ID - digysol
>> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
>> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

Tom Freund Tom Freund

Re: USB support on eLua

Let me be more specific: USB stack on an ARM platform (Cortex M3 or M4).

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614" target="_blank">860-232-1614

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Let me be more specific: USB stack on an ARM platform (Cortex M3 or M4).

Same thing, unfortunately. Since USB hardware is different from
manufacturer to manufacturer, making this into a generic subsystem
would require quite a bit of work.

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are planning to integrate STM32 support for eLua RPC over USB mass
>> storage and USB-CDC for serial comms.
>>
>> The STM USB framework is working ok on our hardware but the integration
>> with eLua is taking a bit longer to complete
>> mainly due to some issues with Scons vs the lua build.
>>
>> The STM USB framework (once integrated with eLua) will be copied and
>> appear alongside the standard framework directory. There aren't to many
>> changes required to make it work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> Omnima Limited
>> Ivan Ignjatic
>> 176 Kennington Road
>> Oxford OX1 5PG
>>
>> Tel. 0845 8692601
>> Fax. 01865 326421
>>
>> Web: www.omnima.co.uk
>> Skype: omnimaautomation
>>

>> On 17/02/2012 15:08, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
>>> implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
>>> mainly on USB-CDC until now.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

> --
> Tom Freund
>
> Digysol
>
> "Software and hardware
> enabling
> collective intelligence
> looking after
> infrastructure"
>
> Voice - 860-232-1614
> Skype ID - digysol
> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

Roger Critchlow Roger Critchlow

Re: USB support on eLua

Hasn't some manufacturer taken the LUFA library from AVR to ARM?  Possibly they needed to rewrite a lot of the low level code to make it work, but at least it works and provides a consistent higher level interface to target.

-- rec --

2012/2/17 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Let me be more specific: USB stack on an ARM platform (Cortex M3 or M4).

Same thing, unfortunately. Since USB hardware is different from
manufacturer to manufacturer, making this into a generic subsystem
would require quite a bit of work.

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are planning to integrate STM32 support for eLua RPC over USB mass
>> storage and USB-CDC for serial comms.
>>
>> The STM USB framework is working ok on our hardware but the integration
>> with eLua is taking a bit longer to complete
>> mainly due to some issues with Scons vs the lua build.
>>
>> The STM USB framework (once integrated with eLua) will be copied and
>> appear alongside the standard framework directory. There aren't to many
>> changes required to make it work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> Omnima Limited
>> Ivan Ignjatic
>> 176 Kennington Road
>> Oxford OX1 5PG
>>
>> Tel. 0845 8692601
>> Fax. 01865 326421
>>
>> Web: www.omnima.co.uk
>> Skype: omnimaautomation
>>

>> On 17/02/2012 15:08, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
>>> implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
>>> mainly on USB-CDC until now.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

> --
> Tom Freund
>
> Digysol
>
> "Software and hardware
> enabling
> collective intelligence
> looking after
> infrastructure"
>
> Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614">860-232-1614
> Skype ID - digysol
> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

sweetlilmre sweetlilmre

Re: USB support on eLua

http://hackaday.com/2011/11/11/lufa-open-source-usb-stack-now-for-nxp-arm-processors/

On Feb 17, 2012 7:06 PM, "Roger Critchlow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hasn't some manufacturer taken the LUFA library from AVR to ARM?  Possibly they needed to rewrite a lot of the low level code to make it work, but at least it works and provides a consistent higher level interface to target.

-- rec --

2012/2/17 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Let me be more specific: USB stack on an ARM platform (Cortex M3 or M4).

Same thing, unfortunately. Since USB hardware is different from
manufacturer to manufacturer, making this into a generic subsystem
would require quite a bit of work.

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are planning to integrate STM32 support for eLua RPC over USB mass
>> storage and USB-CDC for serial comms.
>>
>> The STM USB framework is working ok on our hardware but the integration
>> with eLua is taking a bit longer to complete
>> mainly due to some issues with Scons vs the lua build.
>>
>> The STM USB framework (once integrated with eLua) will be copied and
>> appear alongside the standard framework directory. There aren't to many
>> changes required to make it work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> Omnima Limited
>> Ivan Ignjatic
>> 176 Kennington Road
>> Oxford OX1 5PG
>>
>> Tel. 0845 8692601
>> Fax. 01865 326421
>>
>> Web: www.omnima.co.uk
>> Skype: omnimaautomation
>>

>> On 17/02/2012 15:08, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
>>> implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
>>> mainly on USB-CDC until now.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

> --
> Tom Freund
>
> Digysol
>
> "Software and hardware
> enabling
> collective intelligence
> looking after
> infrastructure"
>
> Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614" target="_blank">860-232-1614
> Skype ID - digysol
> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

Tom Freund Tom Freund

Re: USB support on eLua

Thanks to all !

Located LUFA downloads in Dean Camera site.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Peter Edwards <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://hackaday.com/2011/11/11/lufa-open-source-usb-stack-now-for-nxp-arm-processors/

On Feb 17, 2012 7:06 PM, "Roger Critchlow" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hasn't some manufacturer taken the LUFA library from AVR to ARM?  Possibly they needed to rewrite a lot of the low level code to make it work, but at least it works and provides a consistent higher level interface to target.

-- rec --

2012/2/17 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Tom Freund <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Let me be more specific: USB stack on an ARM platform (Cortex M3 or M4).

Same thing, unfortunately. Since USB hardware is different from
manufacturer to manufacturer, making this into a generic subsystem
would require quite a bit of work.

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Ivan - Omnima <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are planning to integrate STM32 support for eLua RPC over USB mass
>> storage and USB-CDC for serial comms.
>>
>> The STM USB framework is working ok on our hardware but the integration
>> with eLua is taking a bit longer to complete
>> mainly due to some issues with Scons vs the lua build.
>>
>> The STM USB framework (once integrated with eLua) will be copied and
>> appear alongside the standard framework directory. There aren't to many
>> changes required to make it work.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> Omnima Limited
>> Ivan Ignjatic
>> 176 Kennington Road
>> Oxford OX1 5PG
>>
>> Tel. 0845 8692601
>> Fax. 01865 326421
>>
>> Web: www.omnima.co.uk
>> Skype: omnimaautomation
>>

>> On 17/02/2012 15:08, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Nope. Generic USB support is not an easy task and there's no effort to
>>> implement this at the moment. Platform specific development focused
>>> mainly on USB-CDC until now.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan

> --
> Tom Freund
>
> Digysol
>
> "Software and hardware
> enabling
> collective intelligence
> looking after
> infrastructure"
>
> Voice - <a href="tel:860-232-1614" value="+18602321614" target="_blank">860-232-1614
> Skype ID - digysol
> www.scguild.com/Resume/1149I.html
> http://www.youtube.com/user/digysol

Tom Freund

Digysol

"Software and hardware
enabling
collective intelligence
looking after
infrastructure"

Tim Michals Tim Michals

Re: USB support on eLua

the nxpUSBLibrary only supports NXP devices.
This is taken from one of the files in the library:
FYI: * LUFA Library is licensed from Dean Camera by NXP for NXP customers
* for use with NXPs LPC microcontrollers.