The eLua serial multiplexer on Ubuntu

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

The eLua serial multiplexer on Ubuntu

Hi,

I have played with the eLua "mux" described here:

http://www.eluaproject.net/en_sermux.html

and I added the support for Unix98 PTYs (/dev/ptmx),
so if anyone is interested in, I can share the patch :-D

regards,
Nuccio

Re: The eLua serial multiplexer on Ubuntu

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 06:10, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have played with the eLua "mux" described here:

http://www.eluaproject.net/en_sermux.html

and I added the support for Unix98 PTYs (/dev/ptmx),

Thanks Nuccio, this sounds great.
How is sermux working for you ? Fast enough to be usable for an IDE-like dev environment on a PC ?

so if anyone is interested in, I can share the patch :-D

Can you do this using a regular Pull Request model ?

regards,
Nuccio

Thanks again

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Re: The eLua serial multiplexer on Ubuntu

Ciao Dado,
unfortunately "sermux" looks very slow, I fear it is quite unusable,
it is the reason that convince me try the double virtual serial on USB.

About a "commit" of it on official sources, let me say that it needs
some extra effort in order to work with all options, also it needs some
tests..

But I think I should do it, as sermux is the only chance that all boards
without USB/network have, isn't it?

Nuccio

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 12:27, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao Dado,
unfortunately "sermux" looks very slow, I fear it is quite unusable,

I don't have too much experience with sermux myself but Bogdan and James (and others) are using regularly. My feeling is that it would be fast enough to be used by a simple dev application and, for the future, by an IDE dev environment.

it is the reason that convince me try the double virtual serial on USB.

Good idea.

About a "commit" of it on official sources, let me say that it needs
some extra effort in order to work with all options, also it needs some
tests..

Sure, take your time. When you're ready, send us a Pull Request if you can.

But I think I should do it, as sermux is the only chance that all boards
without USB/network have, isn't it?

Yes, it is the only way (that I know) to share the serial channel between RFS and the Terminal.