The Go@IDE - settings - fonts, language features

Re: mmc - dofile OK, require Fails

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> related:
>
> http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/Problem-to-import-module-in-eLua-LM3S-td7455874.html
>
> Can someone confirm for STM32 the "require" function works?

The "require" function is definitely NOT platform dependent. I was on
vacation and I just returned today, I will test "require" as soon as I
can. In the meantime, can you please execute "cat /mmc/test.lua" from
the shell and confirm that it shows the correct data?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> TiM

Re: GPRS/GSM Lib

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wiki has some text (but no links/content) to GSM / GPRS:
>
> GSM / GPRS
> Q64 and Q100 - Wavecom/Sierra Wireless GPRS modems support for eLua
> TC65 - Siemens GPRS modem support for eLua
> Radio links
> 2.4GHz -
>
> ----------------------
>
> Anyone have further light on this?
>
> Implementing some or most of the application logic/guidelines here is my ideal goal:
>
> http://m2m.com/docs/DOC-1007
> Tech Notes - Connected Device Design Guidelines and Common AT Commands
>
> Will keep developing my own library in case others interested but keen to find other code samples as I am an ELua

That would be eLua :)

> noobie.

That's alright. Excellent idea BTW, I'm sure lost of people would be
interested in a GPRS/GSM library, so I'd keep working on that module.
If you get stuck, just ask for help on this list and I'm sure someone
will reply to you.

> TiM
Mike Panetta Mike Panetta

Re: GPRS/GSM Lib

If you can, make the implementation such that the underlying comms can be any character device.  It would be very useful if your library could support hfp over Bluetooth, that way any phone with Bluetooth support could be used as well.

On Jul 9, 2012 2:29 PM, "Bogdan Marinescu" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wiki has some text (but no links/content) to GSM / GPRS:
>
> GSM / GPRS
> Q64 and Q100 - Wavecom/Sierra Wireless GPRS modems support for eLua
> TC65 - Siemens GPRS modem support for eLua
> Radio links
> 2.4GHz -
>
> ----------------------
>
> Anyone have further light on this?
>
> Implementing some or most of the application logic/guidelines here is my ideal goal:
>
> http://m2m.com/docs/DOC-1007
> Tech Notes - Connected Device Design Guidelines and Common AT Commands
>
> Will keep developing my own library in case others interested but keen to find other code samples as I am an ELua

That would be eLua :)

> noobie.

That's alright. Excellent idea BTW, I'm sure lost of people would be
interested in a GPRS/GSM library, so I'd keep working on that module.
If you get stuck, just ask for help on this list and I'm sure someone
will reply to you.

> TiM
Marcus Vinicius Costa Marcus Vinicius Costa

Re: mmc - dofile OK, require Fails

Hi all.

The module works perfectly in LM3S, I had problems at first but they were a hardware problem.

But when I migrated to board MIZAR32 I had the same problem as you, it does not found the module (the same code that was used on board LM3S).

To solve my problem, I discovered that it was not split terms in the path (;) to search the file using require, it can be seen in the debug you posted.

Error: [string "xmodem"]:23: module 'test' not found:
        no field package.preload['test']
        no file '/mmc/test.lua;/mmc/test.lc;/rom/test.lua;/rom/test.lc'
        no file '/mmc/test.lc;/rom/test.lua;/rom/test.lc'
        no file '/rom/test.lua;/rom/test.lc'
        no file '/rom/test.lc'

In this case, the module find correctly only on '/rom/test.lc'

where would be the correct (observed on board LM3S)

Error: [string "xmodem"]:23: module 'test' not found:
        no field package.preload['test']
        no file '/mmc/test.lua'
        no file '/mmc/test.lc'
        no file '/rom/test.lua'
        no file '/rom/test.lc'

To solve my problem I changed the file "luaconf.h" in line 110 as follows.

#define LUA_PATH_DEFAULT  "/mmc/?.lua;/mmc/?.lc;/rom/?.lua;/rom/?.lc"

#define LUA_PATH_DEFAULT  "/mmc/?.lc"

So it goes to look for the compiled file only in the MMC. This change solved my problem but not fixed the bug.

I hope I have helped
Marcus Vinicius

2012/7/9 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> related:
>
> http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/Problem-to-import-module-in-eLua-LM3S-td7455874.html
>
> Can someone confirm for STM32 the "require" function works?

The "require" function is definitely NOT platform dependent. I was on
vacation and I just returned today, I will test "require" as soon as I
can. In the meantime, can you please execute "cat /mmc/test.lua" from
the shell and confirm that it shows the correct data?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> TiM

Tim Van Der Hulst Tim Van Der Hulst

Re: mmc - dofile OK, require Fails

yep I can definately read the file via cat and call it with "dofile" just fine :(

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> related:
>
> http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/Problem-to-import-module-in-eLua-LM3S-td7455874.html
>
> Can someone confirm for STM32 the "require" function works?

The "require" function is definitely NOT platform dependent. I was on
vacation and I just returned today, I will test "require" as soon as I
can. In the meantime, can you please execute "cat /mmc/test.lua" from
the shell and confirm that it shows the correct data?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> TiM

aha yep I did start playing around with luaconf.h yesterday to try to get it working also, I'll try just the /mmc path for now!~

Oops it works, hooray~

Thanks for the workaround!!

TiM

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
> aha yep I did start playing around with luaconf.h yesterday to try to get it working also, I'll try just the /mmc path for now!~
>
> Oops it works, hooray~
>
> Thanks for the workaround!!

Nice, I'm glad it works for you. Also, very weird bug. Could you
please open a bug on our tracker (http://tracker.eluaproject.net)?

Thanks,
Bogdan

> TiM

Interestingly enough, this turned out to be a bug in the read-only
string implementation (a recent memory optimization added to eLua).
Thanks for the report! Fixed on master, you can revert to the regular
LUA_PATH now.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Bogdan Marinescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Tim Van Der Hulst <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> aha yep I did start playing around with luaconf.h yesterday to try to get it working also, I'll try just the /mmc path for now!~
>>
>> Oops it works, hooray~
>>
>> Thanks for the workaround!!
>
> Nice, I'm glad it works for you. Also, very weird bug. Could you
> please open a bug on our tracker (http://tracker.eluaproject.net)?
>
> Thanks,
> Bogdan
>

>> TiM