The Go @ IDE & STM32F4DISCOVERY

Martin Guy Martin Guy

Re: The Go @ IDE & STM32F4DISCOVERY

On 28 March 2012 08:47, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Antti Lukats
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> well, the problem exist, we use generic STM32F4 board with @AT
>> and pressing the enter each time after download is true pita
>
> When we had this kind problem in the past, it was
> always a timer issue

I've had this problem repeatedly in different circumstances since I
started using elua and yes, it was always due to the use of a timer to
detect CRLF/LFCR sequences. It also causes other problems, such as
timer0 being reset every time a chararacter is read from stdin.
There's a commit on the Mizar32 branch to remove the use of a timer in
CRLF/LFCR detection while maintaining the same logic
https://github.com/elua/elua/commit/a4e720596f526c3679a3323ef2004f19eaa21b91

Antti, you can test whether this is the cause of your problem by
applying that to your git tree.
It doesn't "git cherry-pick" cleanly any more but should be fairly
simple to apply by eye

Martin Guy Martin Guy

On 28 March 2012 11:00, Martin Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It also causes other problems, such as
> timer0 being reset every time a chararacter is read from stdin.

Oops, this is no longer true in the master branch as it uses the
system timer these days.

2012/3/28 pito <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> pls mind the other goat issue I've indicated as well:
> 1. after the start of goat (xp sp3) the cpu (notebook) utilization
> goes to 100%

This is almost always an indication of a busy waiting loop.

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Il 28/03/2012 10:29, pito ha scritto:

> Hi,
> pls mind the other goat issue I've indicated as well:
> 1. after the start of goat (xp sp3) the cpu (notebook) utilization
> goes to 100%
> 2. it does not matter whether the f4disco is connected or not (or,
> whether the bt connection or bt device is started or not)
> 3. when running elua via teraterm and bt the cpu utilisation is ~4%
> when at elua prompt and 18% when communicating 115k heavily..
> p.

yes, it is a goat fault,
I need to investigate..

Cheers,
Antti Lukats Antti Lukats

Re: The Go @ IDE & STM32F4DISCOVERY

Hi

yes its me.. i guess

GO@ is not at all on my priority list, not yet, i did think the need
for press enter was design decision
then realized its bug, we can sure test something if needed on our
stm32f4 gear, but i think, eh
i better not think, it can be either way, the char was not sent, or
not received..
either way it should be possible to get to the issue for this

we are much interested in eLua USB support for stm32f4, living in the
hope it comes

Antti