TI MCU Days in Brazil -- could be good for Stellaris dev boards

Tony-12 Tony-12

TI MCU Days in Brazil -- could be good for Stellaris dev boards

MCU Days is a one day TI marketing seminar.  It's an overview of TI's MSP430 16-bit MCUs, Stellaris and OMAP L1 ARM MCUs, and F2000 DSPs.  One good reason for going: discounts on a selection of development tools.

The MCU Days page is at http://focus.ti.com/mcu/docs/mcuorphan.tsp?contentId=35970
The MCU Days Brazil page is at http://www.ti.com/ww/br/prod_mcu_mcuday2009.html

There are also seminars in the US and Europe.  I was too busy to go; I did attend a probably similar STR9 seminar a couple years ago.  It was worthwhile.  I heard some good questions, ST raffled off a couple of dev kits, and had a coupon for 50% ($100 off a $200 dev kit) for the rest of us.

--Tony

Re: TI MCU Days in Brazil -- could be good for Stellaris dev boards

Hello All,
   Tony, I did attend the last 3 MCU Days in Brazil (it was called MSP430 day until last year) and in the last two, I brought some students (3~4) with me too.
   The first one was in Curitiba, PR, where I also presented my contribution to Fabio Pereira's book on MSP430, C code examples and small libs.
   The second one was in São José dos Campos, SP (or was it in Rio ? :), where me and Fabio also showed his book on ARM and his first book in english, on HCS08, both of which I was glad to work on the revisions and some code too.
   The third one was in São Paulo, SP, not exactly "close" to Rio (~400 Km) but we were there, in a team of 5 from my Lab.
   Texas always had (at least before the world crisis :) nice toys and souvenirs to offer but my general impressions of the events that I've been, is that it they are too much focused on marketing and commercial aspects and not on everybody's clear expectations; technical presentations and real-word application examples.
   The (technical) questions from the audience were hardly answered :( and there was no time to get together with other developpers in the event's space :(
   It may be different in other countries I suppose and it seems to getting better here too.
   Now that other MCUs will be part of the show (and Luminary Micro's too ! :), I would love to bring some kits running nice eLua applications and games to show how they rock. At least 5 of my students will attend the MCU Day in Rio this year but, unfortunately, I'll be down in south of Brazil at those days, presenting eLua in an University in Ibirama, SC (21st oct) and another one in Joinville, SC (23rd oct).
   Tks for bringing this to the list and I hope those who can attend, don't forget to bring your LM kits running eLua apps rocking on them ! :)