TI LM4F/TM4C support

Tom Schouten Tom Schouten

TI LM4F/TM4C support

Hi,

I found support for TI LM4F here: https://github.com/ecdr/elua
Any technical reason this did not make it to mainline?

Cheers
Tom

scdr scdr

Re: TI LM4F/TM4C support

I did the port to LM4F/TM4C, am still testing and improving it.
Would be happy to see the port added to the mainline, but have not inquired what the criteria/process is for that.

It would be nice to at least have the LM4F/TM4C port on the wiki (under devices under development, or some such).
I tried once to edit the wiki, but couldn't get it to work.

Although everything that I have tested works, I haven't tested everything.

Specifically: I have not tested RPC, serial multiplexer, and uart.

Actually I know uart works to some extent because some of the demo code uses some of the basic features, but
haven't given the uart code a good workout, or tried anything but uart0.  (I don't expect there to be any problems, but don't
know until you try.)

If anyone has tried the LM4F port, I would be happy to have reports either of things that don't work, or of
things that do (asside from the obvious).   For example, my testing of CAN has only been using internal loopback,
it would be nice to know whether it works with a transciver.  Similarly, would be nice to know
if uarts other than uart0 work, or the various SPI other than SPI0.  (I have a report that SPI0/MMCFS worked.)

I have been using the following forum to post binaries, status updates, etc.
http://forum.stellarisiti.com/topic/552-elua-for-stellaris-launchpad/

I have also tweaked the port to add support for the LM4F230 (the processor on the new Tiva launchpad), main change is the LM4F230 has PWM.
Haven't pushed that to github yet, since I don't have a Tiva launchpad to try it on.  Will probably put it up and ask for volunteers
to test.  (In the meantime, the LM4F120 version should work on the Tiva launchpad).

  Thanks