Site Problem

Hello eLuers,
   I think somebody has reported it here before but I could't reproduce the
problem.
   But I've just installed Ubuntu 8.04 in another laptop here and
surprisingly, I can NOT navigate correctly in the berlios eLua site :(
   The problem is with the menu buttons. When we hover or click in one of
them, the sub-menu options/buttons appear. But when we move the cursor to
click in one of them ... they're gone :(
   It's a new installation here and it may be missing something that the
site depends on but I can't figure out yet (since it's obviously not Flash,
Java, .....)
   Any ideas on how can we improve/correct this ?

Thanks !
Greetingssssssssss
Dado
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Site Problem

Hi,

What browser are you using? It works fine for me with Firefox 3. I've heard
issues reported with Firefox 2.
I should fix the problem, but I have NO skills whatsoever in Javascript. I
just took the (free) code from a site and adapted it to fit my needs. And
either I didn't adapt it right, or the original code was wrong, I don't
know, but more users have reported this.
Any suggestion would be welcomed at this point ... I'm quite stuck on this.
Web development was never one of my strong points.

Thanks,
Bogdan

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello eLuers,
>    I think somebody has reported it here before but I could't reproduce the
> problem.
>    But I've just installed Ubuntu 8.04 in another laptop here and
> surprisingly, I can NOT navigate correctly in the berlios eLua site :(
>    The problem is with the menu buttons. When we hover or click in one of
> them, the sub-menu options/buttons appear. But when we move the cursor to
> click in one of them ... they're gone :(
>    It's a new installation here and it may be missing something that the
> site depends on but I can't figure out yet (since it's obviously not Flash,
> Java, .....)
>    Any ideas on how can we improve/correct this ?
>
> Thanks !
> Greetingssssssssss
> Dado

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dado Sutter-2 Dado Sutter-2

Site Problem

Hi !

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Bogdan Marinescu <
bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What browser are you using? It works fine for me with Firefox 3. I've heard
> issues reported with Firefox 2.

Yeap, Firefox 3.0.2, that comes with Ubuntu 8.04 image, with all updates
applied.

> I should fix the problem, but I have NO skills whatsoever in Javascript. I
> just took the (free) code from a site and adapted it to fit my needs. And
> either I didn't adapt it right, or the original code was wrong, I don't
> know, but more users have reported this.
> Any suggestion would be welcomed at this point ... I'm quite stuck on this.
> Web development was never one of my strong points.

OK, No Problem then !
I'll get someone downhere to take a look and fix this and I'll report.

> Thanks,
> Bogdan

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello eLuers,
>>    I think somebody has reported it here before but I could't reproduce
>> the problem.
>>    But I've just installed Ubuntu 8.04 in another laptop here and
>> surprisingly, I can NOT navigate correctly in the berlios eLua site :(
>>    The problem is with the menu buttons. When we hover or click in one of
>> them, the sub-menu options/buttons appear. But when we move the cursor to
>> click in one of them ... they're gone :(
>>    It's a new installation here and it may be missing something that the
>> site depends on but I can't figure out yet (since it's obviously not Flash,
>> Java, .....)
>>    Any ideas on how can we improve/correct this ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>> Greetingssssssssss
>> Dado

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Site Problem

Thanks! :)

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Dado Sutter <dado at pobox.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Bogdan Marinescu <
> bogdan.marinescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What browser are you using? It works fine for me with Firefox 3. I've
>> heard issues reported with Firefox 2.
>>

> Yeap, Firefox 3.0.2, that comes with Ubuntu 8.04 image, with all updates
> applied.
>

>> I should fix the problem, but I have NO skills whatsoever in Javascript. I
>> just took the (free) code from a site and adapted it to fit my needs. And
>> either I didn't adapt it right, or the original code was wrong, I don't
>> know, but more users have reported this.
>> Any suggestion would be welcomed at this point ... I'm quite stuck on
>> this. Web development was never one of my strong points.
>>

> OK, No Problem then !
> I'll get someone downhere to take a look and fix this and I'll report.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Bogdan
>>

> Best
> Dado
>

>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Dado Sutter <dadosutter at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello eLuers,
>>>    I think somebody has reported it here before but I could't reproduce
>>> the problem.
>>>    But I've just installed Ubuntu 8.04 in another laptop here and
>>> surprisingly, I can NOT navigate correctly in the berlios eLua site :(
>>>    The problem is with the menu buttons. When we hover or click in one of
>>> them, the sub-menu options/buttons appear. But when we move the cursor to
>>> click in one of them ... they're gone :(
>>>    It's a new installation here and it may be missing something that the
>>> site depends on but I can't figure out yet (since it's obviously not Flash,
>>> Java, .....)
>>>    Any ideas on how can we improve/correct this ?
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>> Greetingssssssssss
>>> Dado

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dado Sutter-2 Dado Sutter-2

Site Problem

Well,
   I found someone that will take a look asap.
   But I also figured out the (weeeeeeird) behavior. The thing is that it
WORKS if we click on the button and slide the pointer right to the sub-menu,
WITHOUT hovering over the arrow (:-o).
   If the pointer passes above the arrow, the sub-menu disappears as long as
the pointer leaves the main button.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <