Site Counter Hits

Hello eLuers :)
   Happy 2009 for you and all yours !!!!!!!!!!!!!

   The counter in our site <http://www.eluaproject.net> counts one visit at
every new click, on every page or even a page edit or preview. It does not
count visits per IP or something.
   Is it the normal behavior for a site hit counter ?
   It seems to me that it is not too fair, as I alone am probably
responsible for more than 50% of the hits.

Happy New Year !!!!!!! :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Yuri Takhteyev Yuri Takhteyev

Site Counter Hits

>    The counter in our site counts one visit at every new click, on every
> page or even a page edit or preview. It does not count visits per IP or
> something.

I changed it to show unique visitors instead, so it's now down to
22961. (The new site had 676 unique visits and 2751 page views since
the counter was installed. I started the counter with 22284, which was
a number displayed on the old page. Not sure if this was a number of
unique visits or page views.)

BTW, the counter is provided by pax.com. If you want you can register
for an account with them, configure a counter and insert it instead of
the current one. (It would be just a matter of changing the counter
code in the template.) Or I can give you the password for my account.

  - yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/

Dado Sutter-2 Dado Sutter-2

Site Counter Hits

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 13:29, Yuri Takhteyev <yuri at sims.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I changed it to show unique visitors instead, so it's now down to
> 22961. (The new site had 676 unique visits and 2751 page views since
> the counter was installed. I started the counter with 22284, which was
> a number displayed on the old page. Not sure if this was a number of
> unique visits or page views.)

Thanks Yuri !
I don't know how most sites count their visits but I think this is more fair
:)

Tks, I'll take a look at pax.com
The current one is running on your account ? I'll create a new one for the
project then.

- yuri

Tks again