SVG of eLua logo?

Patrick Mc(avery Patrick Mc(avery

SVG of eLua logo?

Hi Everyone

I don't have much to show yet but I am hard at work on my eLua
screencast series. I've learned to use an audio editor and now I want to
learn how to use a video editor. I am hoping to create a quick little
banner at the start of each video.

I can use Inkscape and GIMP but if both can do the job I prefer
Inkscape. Is there an SVG image of the eLua logo I could use?
-Patrick

Re: SVG of eLua logo?

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I don't have much to show yet but I am hard at work on my eLua screencast
> series. I've learned to use an audio editor and now I want to learn how to
> use a video editor. I am hoping to create a quick little banner at the start
> of each video.
>
> I can use Inkscape and GIMP but if both can do the job I prefer Inkscape. Is
> there an SVG image of the eLua logo I could use?

I'm not sure if anyone has replied off-list about this.  There are
existing versions of the logo used on the previous revision of the
site that I put together which are available as bitmaps here:
http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Logos

I have a couple different versions of that file, which I originally
edited in Inkscape, then did some work in Illustrator.  The Inkscape
file I have doesn't match the rendered versions so I won't just
include that.  Instead I've attached the illustrator version (.ai),
which is actually in PDF format, and an svg export from Illustrator
which should open in Inkscape (loaded for me just now and looked OK).
One potential caveat is that I used Helvetica as the font, as in the
Lua logo, which you may not have on your system so it might substitute
and render a little differently.

I've also attached a reasonably large png with transparency
(1024x1024) in case that might be useful.

It would be great if we could get a vector version of the latest logo,
including maybe a "flat" version of it (sans the embossing/specular
highlight/shadow) that would easily work in a vector format, but I'm
not sure that's available.  I can certainly adapt the older version to
more closely match the adjusted dimensions on the current one.

> -Patrick

elualogo_samesize.ai (410K) Download Attachment
eLua_chip_transp.png (20K) Download Attachment
elualogo_samesize.svg (352K) Download Attachment
Patrick Mc(avery Patrick Mc(avery

Re: SVG of eLua logo?

> I'm not sure if anyone has replied off-list about this.  There are
> existing versions of the logo used on the previous revision of the
> site that I put together which are available as bitmaps here:
> http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Logos
>
> I have a couple different versions of that file, which I originally
> edited in Inkscape, then did some work in Illustrator.  The Inkscape
> file I have doesn't match the rendered versions so I won't just
> include that.  Instead I've attached the illustrator version (.ai),
> which is actually in PDF format, and an svg export from Illustrator
> which should open in Inkscape (loaded for me just now and looked OK).
> One potential caveat is that I used Helvetica as the font, as in the
> Lua logo, which you may not have on your system so it might substitute
> and render a little differently.
>
> I've also attached a reasonably large png with transparency
> (1024x1024) in case that might be useful.
>
> It would be great if we could get a vector version of the latest logo,
> including maybe a "flat" version of it (sans the embossing/specular
> highlight/shadow) that would easily work in a vector format, but I'm
> not sure that's available.  I can certainly adapt the older version to
> more closely match the adjusted dimensions on the current one.

Thanks James!!

Your a huge help. After buying the new microphone I really don't want to
use the old videos. I am learning to edit videos and I am patching the
new audio with the old video. These files will really help me to make a
slick looking intro "bumper".

I should be back at the videos in full force in a week and a half. I am
actually sorting an English dictionary right now(>37K words) to build a
vocabulary to work on with my Son.

Talk later!