STM32 and stm32loader.py

Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

STM32 and stm32loader.py

Hi guys,
I got a ET-STM32 board and just started playing with it, and I would like to thank James for the stm32loader script =)
I'm on a Mac and the flash programmer included with the board is windows only ¬¬
But thanks to that script I was able to run eLua on it without using windows =)

Best,
Thiago

Re: STM32 and stm32loader.py

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 02:10, Thiago Naves <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,
I got a ET-STM32 board and just started playing with it, and I would like to thank James for the stm32loader script =)
I'm on a Mac and the flash programmer included with the board is windows only ¬¬
But thanks to that script I was able to run eLua on it without using windows =)

Very nice, thanks !
James has actually done two different options for the STM32 loader.
A Python script that uses the STM32 bootloader is at https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32loader
A C-based version serial bootloader is at https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32ld
Some more info, including your contribution to using in MacOS (Thanks !) is in the eLua User Labs Wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/STM32F103

Best,
Thiago

Re: STM32 and stm32loader.py

I can only take credit for some modifications of these.  In particular
Bogdan originally wrote stm32ld, which I would recommend as being one
of the quicker ways to flash an STM32 board.  stm32loader.py was
originally written by Ivan A-R over at http://tuxotronic.org/.

I'm glad they're working for people though :-)   Also, if you're
considering writing another tool for talking to the STM32 bootloader,
please don't :-)  There are even more out there that have sprung up
while these have existed and the world would more benefit from
contributions to existing versions rather than writing a whole
additional one.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 02:10, Thiago Naves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> I got a ET-STM32 board and just started playing with it, and I would like
>> to thank James for the stm32loader script =)
>> I'm on a Mac and the flash programmer included with the board is windows
>> only ¬¬
>> But thanks to that script I was able to run eLua on it without using
>> windows =)
>
> Very nice, thanks !
> James has actually done two different options for the STM32 loader.
> A Python script that uses the STM32 bootloader is at
> https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32loader
> A C-based version serial bootloader is at https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32ld
> Some more info, including your contribution to using in MacOS (Thanks !) is
> in the eLua User Labs Wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/STM32F103
>

>> Best,
>>
>> Thiago
>
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386
Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

Re: STM32 and stm32loader.py

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:46 PM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can only take credit for some modifications of these.  In particular
Bogdan originally wrote stm32ld, which I would recommend as being one
of the quicker ways to flash an STM32 board.  stm32loader.py was
originally written by Ivan A-R over at http://tuxotronic.org/.

I've tried to use the stm32ld, but I got this message:

Found bootloader version: 2.2
Unsupported bootloader version

=/

I'm glad they're working for people though :-)   Also, if you're
considering writing another tool for talking to the STM32 bootloader,
please don't :-)  There are even more out there that have sprung up
while these have existed and the world would more benefit from
contributions to existing versions rather than writing a whole
additional one.

Ok =P

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 02:10, Thiago Naves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> I got a ET-STM32 board and just started playing with it, and I would like
>> to thank James for the stm32loader script =)
>> I'm on a Mac and the flash programmer included with the board is windows
>> only ¬¬
>> But thanks to that script I was able to run eLua on it without using
>> windows =)
>
> Very nice, thanks !
> James has actually done two different options for the STM32 loader.
> A Python script that uses the STM32 bootloader is at
> https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32loader
> A C-based version serial bootloader is at https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32ld
> Some more info, including your contribution to using in MacOS (Thanks !) is
> in the eLua User Labs Wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/STM32F103
>

>> Best,
>>
>> Thiago
>
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386

Re: STM32 and stm32loader.py

> I've tried to use the stm32ld, but I got this message:
>
> Found bootloader version: 2.2
> Unsupported bootloader version

Thanks, I updated it. It should work now.

>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Very nice, thanks !
>> > James has actually done two different options for the STM32 loader.
>> > A Python script that uses the STM32 bootloader is at
>> > https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32loader
>> > A C-based version serial bootloader is at
>> > https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32ld
>> > Some more info, including your contribution to using in MacOS (Thanks !)
>> > is
>> > in the eLua User Labs Wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/STM32F103

>> > Best
>> > Dado

>> --
>> James Snyder
>> Biomedical Engineering
>> Northwestern University
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
>> Phone: (847) 448-0386
Thiago Naves Thiago Naves

Re: STM32 and stm32loader.py

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've tried to use the stm32ld, but I got this message:
>
> Found bootloader version: 2.2
> Unsupported bootloader version

Thanks, I updated it. It should work now.

Nice, it's working now, ty =)