Relationship between Lua/src distribution and elua/src/lua

Martin Guy Martin Guy

Relationship between Lua/src distribution and elua/src/lua

Hi
   What is the relationship between the Lua source distribution and
the eLua code in src/lua?  The eLua source has LUA_RELEASE "Lua 5.1.4"
but a diff shows that there are many changes between the Lua 5.1.4
tarball and the eLua source.
  Are these modifications local to eLua, or has the eLua version
imported changes in the main Lua source since the official release?

Thanks

Re: Relationship between Lua/src distribution and elua/src/lua

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Martin Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>   What is the relationship between the Lua source distribution and
> the eLua code in src/lua?  The eLua source has LUA_RELEASE "Lua 5.1.4"
> but a diff shows that there are many changes between the Lua 5.1.4
> tarball and the eLua source.
>  Are these modifications local to eLua, or has the eLua version
> imported changes in the main Lua source since the official release?

Both. Starting from a clean Lua 5.1.4 distribution, we imported Lua
bugfixes, patches from the Lua Power Patches page, and also added our
own stuff to the code (for example the LTR patch).