Re: STM32 ADC types

rogerb rogerb

Re: STM32 ADC types

        In the Stm32 user manual they uses the term injected conversion
for the ADC. I'm not sure what this is. It sounds like external
triggered channels. Does anyone know what it is?
TIA

Re: STM32 ADC types

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 18:17, rogerb <[hidden email]> wrote:
       In the Stm32 user manual they uses the term injected conversion
for the ADC. I'm not sure what this is. It sounds like external
triggered channels. Does anyone know what it is?

Maybe this doc from ST can help:
STM32™’s ADC modes and their applications
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/16840.pdf

TIA

Re: STM32 ADC types

For reference, the current implementation for the eLua ADC module on
STM32 a particular subset of modes are used.

- Only the first ADC is used to multiplex various available inputs,
and we run that in independent mode.
- Only single conversion (triggered by timer or software trigger) scan
mode is used to sample from multiple channels.
- DMA is used to buffer results of each scan so that processing of
data need only be done at the end of a full scan (filtering,
transferring to the eLua ADC buffer, etc..)
- no injection is used

Most of this is for consistency with other platforms.  A few things
like DMA were taken advantage of to reduce the amount of interrupt
overhead.

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 18:17, rogerb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>        In the Stm32 user manual they uses the term injected conversion
>> for the ADC. I'm not sure what this is. It sounds like external
>> triggered channels. Does anyone know what it is?
>
> Maybe this doc from ST can help:
> STM32™’s ADC modes and their applications
> http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/16840.pdf
>

>> TIA
>
> Best
> Dado