RPC

Matt Wilbur Matt Wilbur

RPC

Hi Folks,

I am trying some RPC stuff with an EK-LM3S6965 as part of what I hope will become a continuous integration setup.
My RPC calls are failing, and I wonder if it is due to recent additions in commit fbebb2949efe548e457da8dcce53c319ce5a0880 that check of the token passed to the read_cmd_call function is a table.  Here, I'm using pio, which is an rotable, so the check fails.

I will continue to look at this, but wanted to throw it out there in case this seemed a problem to others.

Matt

Re: RPC

That may have something to do with it. I'll have to do a little digging.

Do you have example snippet that I could use to reproduce what you're running into?

Also, Bogdan made some recent changes that affect string handling, so if you could let me know which if any of those commits makes a difference. I'll try and do some digging today or tomorrow.

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386

On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Matt Wilbur wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying some RPC stuff with an EK-LM3S6965 as part of what I hope will become a continuous integration setup.
> My RPC calls are failing, and I wonder if it is due to recent additions in commit fbebb2949efe548e457da8dcce53c319ce5a0880 that check of the token passed to the read_cmd_call function is a table. Here, I'm using pio, which is an rotable, so the check fails.
>
> I will continue to look at this, but wanted to throw it out there in case this seemed a problem to others.
>
> Matt

Re: RPC

Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 2:43 AM, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That may have something to do with it. I'll have to do a little digging.
>
> Do you have example snippet that I could use to reproduce what you're running into?
>
> Also, Bogdan made some recent changes that affect string handling, so if you could let me know which if any of those commits makes a difference. I'll try and do some digging today or tomorrow.

It might have something to do with that, but the chances are quite
slim. I'm in China at the moment and I won't be able to look at this
issue until the next week.
Matt, please open a bug on this on our tracker. This kind of stuff
tends to fall into oblivion if it's not properly logged.

> --
> James Snyder
> Biomedical Engineering
> Northwestern University
> http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
> ph: (847) 448-0386
>

> On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Matt Wilbur wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I am trying some RPC stuff with an EK-LM3S6965 as part of what I hope will become a continuous integration setup.
>> My RPC calls are failing, and I wonder if it is due to recent additions in commit fbebb2949efe548e457da8dcce53c319ce5a0880 that check of the token passed to the read_cmd_call function is a table. Here, I'm using pio, which is an rotable, so the check fails.
>>
>> I will continue to look at this, but wanted to throw it out there in case this seemed a problem to others.
>>
>> Matt
Matt Wilbur Matt Wilbur

Re: RPC

I will open a ticket and include an example.  I also found that the length part of the RPC call was too long by 1.

Matt