Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

Luke Venediger Luke Venediger

Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

Hi Folks,

A friend and I are going to start porting elua to the Netduino
development board (www.netduino.com). It has an Atmel AT91SAM7X512
chip, which thankfully is already supported by elua. We did a quick
test by building an image this chip and flashing it, and we were able
to get a lua prompt over the serial connection (yay!)

I'm letting you know because I'll probably send a few questions
through. Right now I'd like to add "netduino" as a board that you can
specify at compile time (using the board= parameter.)

Cheers,
Luke.

Re: Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Luke Venediger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> A friend and I are going to start porting elua to the Netduino
> development board (www.netduino.com). It has an Atmel AT91SAM7X512

Wow, that's so cool! I believe this is the first chip with 128k of
on-chip RAM on which eLua runs (which is very good for you in case
you're wondering :) ). Just remember to update the memory
configuration in platform_conf.h to take advantage of all the memory.
Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to post questions here.

Luke Venediger Luke Venediger

Re: Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Bogdan Marinescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Luke Venediger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> A friend and I are going to start porting elua to the Netduino
>> development board (www.netduino.com). It has an Atmel AT91SAM7X512
>
> Wow, that's so cool! I believe this is the first chip with 128k of
> on-chip RAM on which eLua runs (which is very good for you in case
> you're wondering :) ). Just remember to update the memory
> configuration in platform_conf.h to take advantage of all the memory.
> Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to post questions here.
>
> Best,
> Bogdan

That's great! I'm not a hardware guru but this will be a great way to learn.

Thanks,
Luke
Tim Michals Tim Michals

Re: Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

I thought there is a eLua for the AT91SAM7X512, just not a a pin mapping for the I/O

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Tim michals <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I thought there is a eLua for the AT91SAM7X512, just not a a pin mapping for
> the I/O

Yep there is - I just need to do the pin mappings for the board as
you've mentioned.

Cheers,
Luke

Re: Porting elua to the Netduino dev board

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Tim michals <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I thought there is a eLua for the AT91SAM7X512, just not a a pin mapping for
> the I/O

It is in theory :) eLua for the 7X512 was never tested (at least not
by me, since I never owned a board with a 7X512). That said, the port
is very similar to the one for the 7X256 which is fully tested.