Pong broken on LM3S6965

Kevin Vermeer Kevin Vermeer

Pong broken on LM3S6965

I simply flashed my device with the binary, and ran several programs
(interactive, hello, pwmled) successfully.  Then, trying to demo my
scripting language to my classmates (Who were experimenting with
Forth....) I proudly loaded the Pong application, but received a table
call that returned a nil element.  Interactive Lua and file download
was impressive enough for them, but I wanted to report the bug.

Apparently, LM3S6965.lua does a
>local lm3s = require "lm3s.lua"
and the first line which uses lm3s gave the familiar "attempt to index
lm3s, a nil value" error.

I don't have my board with me today to tell you the exact lines of
code, but I did want to point it out. If you need more details, I can
let you know when I get home tonight.
--
Kevin Vermeer
Kevin Vermeer Kevin Vermeer

Re: Pong broken on LM3S6965

This can be mostly ignored - the problem line (disp = lm3s.disp) was
fixed in Revision 714!  The binary just needs to be updated.
--
Kevin Vermeer

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Kevin Vermeer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I simply flashed my device with the binary, and ran several programs
> (interactive, hello, pwmled) successfully.  Then, trying to demo my
> scripting language to my classmates (Who were experimenting with
> Forth....) I proudly loaded the Pong application, but received a table
> call that returned a nil element.  Interactive Lua and file download
> was impressive enough for them, but I wanted to report the bug.
>
> Apparently, LM3S6965.lua does a
>>local lm3s = require "lm3s.lua"
> and the first line which uses lm3s gave the familiar "attempt to index
> lm3s, a nil value" error.
>
> I don't have my board with me today to tell you the exact lines of
> code, but I did want to point it out. If you need more details, I can
> let you know when I get home tonight.
> --
> Kevin Vermeer

Re: Pong broken on LM3S6965

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 14:13, Kevin Vermeer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I simply flashed my device with the binary, and ran several programs
(interactive, hello, pwmled) successfully.  Then, trying to demo my
scripting language to my classmates (Who were experimenting with
Forth....) I proudly loaded the Pong application, but received a table
call that returned a nil element.  Interactive Lua and file download
was impressive enough for them, but I wanted to report the bug.

Thank you for the report Kevin and apologies for the issue.
As we've mentioned here on the list before, this was a problem with the version closing and for one reason or another we ended up not releasing a minor version to correct it and I regret it now.

Apparently, LM3S6965.lua does a
>local lm3s = require "lm3s.lua"
and the first line which uses lm3s gave the familiar "attempt to index
lm3s, a nil value" error.

Not exactly but the solution is simple as well.
Just add to your EK-LM3S6965.lua file, the following line, before the module( ... )
local lm3s = lm3s

I don't have my board with me today to tell you the exact lines of
code, but I did want to point it out. If you need more details, I can
let you know when I get home tonight.

Please let me know if you need an updated/fixed binary image and I'll be glad to send you.

Kevin Vermeer