New shell command option

Hello list,
   As you know, the eLua Shell has support for XModem transfers, from a Terminal emulator program to the available RAM for immediate execution of Lua programs.
   Marcelo Politzer (Led Lab, PUC-Rio) extended the behavior of the recv command and added support to the SD/MMC file system too.
   This allows us to send a file from the Terminal directly to the SD/MMC, where it will be stored. It can later be run from there ($ lua /mmc/< filename>), instead of having to be retransmitted over and over.
   It is available on the master branch and the syntax is $ recv [/mmc/<filename>]
   It actually works for other R/W supported file systems. For example, on the mbed, we can do a $ recv /semi/<filename>
   We're adding it to the doc and it will be committed soon too.

   Thanks for the contribution Marcelo !

Marcelo Politzer Marcelo Politzer

Re: New shell command option

recv <- execute it.
recv <path> <- save it to path.

remembering that ROM is Read Only Memory, so... no xmodem to rom :(.

--
Regards,
Marcelo
Marcelo Politzer Marcelo Politzer

Re: New shell command option

What about xmodem though other mediums? like an ethernet xmodem.
Does it seems like a good idea? Could be used to do remote upgrade.

--
[]s,
Marcelo

Re: New shell command option

Hi Marcelo,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Marcelo Politzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
recv <- execute it.
recv <path> <- save it to path.

remembering that ROM is Read Only Memory, so... no xmodem to rom :(.

Thanks for the contribution! I added a few comments to your first commit (cc88916c9f3b94eb5116494fceb5e8a5e904ccd8), please take care of them. Also, as a general rule for the future, please take a look at our coding guidelines (even if you don't like them :) )

Thanks,
Bogdan

--
Regards,