New platform Panda

Tim Michals Tim Michals

New platform Panda

All,

I've updated eLua to execute on a Panda, is there a test suite to run?  I took the LPC2468, and created a new platform lpc23xx.  I'm working on the pins, etc.  and update the LED script.

 http://www.tinyclr.com/hardware/16/fez-panda/

- is there a default method to build?  For example, need to test arm-thumb mode, need to test all of the build options. etc. Or is there a test suite etc to work from?
Also, I see there is no USB module support, do I just put that under the platform?

Re: New platform Panda

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 19:15, Tim Michals <[hidden email]> wrote:

All,

I've updated eLua to execute on a Panda,

Cool !

is there a test suite to run?

Unfortunately not, just the included examples and other applications found on the eLua User Labs wiki projects page http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Projects

We would be happy to have help for a minimum test suite, because we're totally focused on v0.8 closing now and many other news to launch right after that.

took the LPC2468, and created a new platform lpc23xx.  I'm working on the
pins, etc.  and update the LED script.

 http://www.tinyclr.com/hardware/16/fez-panda/

Thanks for sharing this.

Soon to be announced, we'll be moving our main repo to github, which will also make it simpler to fork the dev like you've done and to merge it later to the mainstream.

- is there a default method to build?  For example, need to test arm-thumb
mode, need to test all of the build options. etc. Or is there a test suite
etc to work from?

Not yet :(

Also, I see there is no USB module support, do I just put that under the
platform?

Yes, just like any other module (nice !)

Thanks a lot for contributing.

Tim Michals Tim Michals

Re: New platform Panda

Dado Sutter wrote
We would be happy to have help for a minimum test suite, because we're
totally focused on v0.8 closing now and many other news to launch right
after that.
Sorry the next next stupid question, how do I post my changes? should I wait until .8 is released?
I still need to do some more testing, ie pwm.

Re: New platform Panda

Hi,

> Sorry the next next stupid question, how do I post my changes? should I wait
> until .8 is released?

After your testing is complete you can put the code into SVN. The
trunk will be soon (most likely this week-end) "released" as
development for 0.8 will continue on a dedicated branch. Or you can
create your own branch in the current repository and work on that if
it's easier for you.