New Video

Hello Guys,
   We have a new small video on the Anubisway (the old combat robot from Riobotz, called Anubis, that was turned into a Segway-like vehicle).
   The control model is still based on fuzzy logic (we have another one PID based) but the parameters were better tuned for higher speeds now.
   It is the first video on the list at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Anubisway

Re: New Video

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>    We have a new small video on the Anubisway (the old combat robot from
> Riobotz, called Anubis, that was turned into a Segway-like vehicle).

Excellent video! I love this kind of stuff.
You know what would be cool? A fuzzy library that would allow the full
specification of the fuzzy controller (fuzzification, rules,
defuzzification) directly in Lua.
Kind of off-topic, but I just got the idea from the text below :)

Re: New Video

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 09:07, Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]> wrote:

Excellent video! I love this kind of stuff.

Thanks.
It is worth mentioning the credits and some info for those who didn't know Anubisway yet:
The control is 100% Lua, running on eLua v0.7 in an EK-LM3S8962 (Cortex-M3 from Luminary Micro/Texas Instruments). But it should run ok on any eLua platform adjusting only the PWM output pins used. There are currently two control modes, one based on PID and other on Fuzzy Logic. The project is part of the Master Degree program candidate César Raúl Mamani Choquehuanca, who came from Peru to study here in PUC-Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. César's advisor is Prof. Marco Meggiolaro

You know what would be cool? A fuzzy library that would allow the full
specification of the fuzzy controller (fuzzification, rules,
defuzzification) directly in Lua.
Kind of off-topic, but I just got the idea from the text below :)

I don't think it is an off-topic at all :)
Pedro Bittencourt was working on a fuzzy lib for us but ran out of time. He's working with swarm robots (also with eLua) for his Master degree now.
I hope to be able (and to find the time to :) to use César's work for a fuzzy Lib and we may rewrite it in C one of these days, for some performance comparisons he needs for his PhD thesis.