New Mizar32 character LCD module?

Martin Guy Martin Guy

New Mizar32 character LCD module?

Hi all
 I just committed the first full version of a new module for Mizar32
to drive the 16x2 character LCD display on I2C.
Here it is running a demo program, using the 8 user-definable
characters to run life in 2x4 characters on a pixel-by-pixel basis :)
http://simplemachines.it/martin/elua/test/lcdlife.mpg
with the source code in the same folder.

But the interface seems unlike the rest of eLua, so I've copied the
doc page for the new module to
http://simplemachines.it/martin/elua/en_refman_ps_mizar32_lcd.html
for review.
I'm particularly unconvinced by the "cursor" and "display" functions,
which each seem to do two sets of unrelated things in one function. I
just couldn't think of a less bad one.

Comments and suggestions, and code review, are welcome.