More up-to-date ADC documentation?

Amr Bekhit Amr Bekhit

More up-to-date ADC documentation?

Hello,

I'm implementing the ADC platform interface on my LPC177x_8x port, but it looks like the ADC documentation is incomplete. Other than the source code, is there any other documentation regarding the platform interface for the ADC?

Thanks,

Amr

Amr Bekhit Amr Bekhit

Amr Bekhit Amr Bekhit

Martin Guy Martin Guy

On 3 January 2013, Amr Bekhit <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> I'm implementing the ADC platform interface on my LPC177x_8x port, but it
>>> looks like the ADC documentation is incomplete. Other than the source code,
>>> is there any other documentation regarding the platform interface for the
>>> ADC?
>>
>> I've just discovered that you have a separate developer documentation
>> section, and the ADC section certainly looks much better.
>
> :-( looks like the developer documentation is actually for eLua 0.9, which
> seems to have a different ADC platform interface to 0.8.

I assume you mean
http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/v0.8/en_refman_gen_adc.html
but there is no "elua 0.9" of which you speak.
Do you mean elua trunk on github? If so, the documentation is there in
the source tree you checked out.

However, yes, the Reference Manual is not a tutorial on how to use the
interface; it's just the usual brain-dump of all the functions names
in the interface and a brief description of their parameters.
There used to be examples of code using it, but these have also been
removed from the distribution, as most were so out of date as to be
useless.

You might try the page for the Mizar32 board, in which I tried to find
out how ti use it and give an example:
https://code.google.com/p/mizar32/wiki/ADC

but there is more to do. The whole are of sampling several ADCs
simultaneously, requesting more than one sample in a single call and
the bizzarre "averaging filter" stuff are "to be explored".

Worse yet, although the functions calls are the same, it seems to
function differently on different hardware platforms, according to how
it has been implemented in the underlying hardware, so your best bet
might be to "suck it and see", then if you can understand some of the
ways that seem to work, write a page of documentation to explain it
better and get back to us.

Thanks for trying eLua!

Martin Guy Martin Guy

On 3 January 2013 21:14, martinwguy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> but there is more to do. The whole are of sampling several ADCs

...the whole area...